PCOS and obesity vs. donor egg surrogacy

There is hope out there for women with PCOS or unexplained infertility. I read the book about changing your egg quality by Rebecca Fett and it addressed all causes of infertility and had a lot of proven research on infertility caused by PCOS and supplements that can help increase fertility and success rates for PCOS in IVF. Please don’t give up and maybe do a change in lifestyle. The book has a lot of information on hormonal disruptions and what you can do to avoid those hormonal disruptors in your every day life. Good luck

This might be a good option to try out:
Ideal package 39.900 euros (egg donation package with possibility of moving to surrogacy):
1 or 2 Embryo Transfers. Medical treatment (they do not to have an age limit for egg donation programs). Medications needed before transfer and 3 months after. Egg donor fee. Sperm donor (if needed). Pregnancy monitoring till 12th week. Services of the coordinator in charge of the program.
Accommodation; Meals. Transfer from/to the airport and from/to the clinic. In case of switching to surrogacy you are provided with services included into surrogacy package of your choice.
PGD/PGS (included in surrogacy packages only).
The cost of every program at this clinic is divided into 6 payments - every payment is made on the certain stage of a program.

I’ve shared this on another board. Friends of mine underwent surrogacy in Ukraine but before contacting the clinic they did a huge research on the point, considering surrogacy in the UK, US, European countries. First, they looked into the process in the US first. There it was extremelly expensive - $60 – 150k!! For them it was a factor (actually as for everybody else!) Of course things change a lot if you have a family member or friend that is willing to carry it for you. But the process might not be smooth at all. For ex., a surrogate backs out or unfortunate situation like a miscarriage. In this case you automatically have to pay at least $5k to match with another surrogate and do their health workup through the agency! Evidently, there are so many costs that could be added at any time. A surrogate receives on average of $20 – 30k for the pregnancy. The bigger sum of money goes to the agency or lawyer. Also in some states, surrogate mothers retain a parental right to the child, and can even pursue custody. (Even though the embryos placed in the surrogate have both of yourDNA!) The surrogate mother’s name is on the birth certificate. Then a couple has to go through the process of adopting the baby in court. The biggest factor, though, is time. All of the legal paperwork, signing a contract, matching a surrogate, having the surrogate go through the work-up etc. It’s been a year or two since you started the process. Discouraged, they started to look into surrogacy overseas. There were so many options! But some were very sketchy. They read some horror stories about Thailand and India. Both the countries, as a result, have shut down their surrogacy practices not too long ago.
Then how it actually came in favour of Ukraine. The huge factor for them as I’ve mentioned above was process cost. In Ukrainian biotexcom it turned out to be relatively affordable. Clinic’s all-inclusive plans for 32k - 50k euro. They covered absolutely everything outside of your plane tickets. Meds, accommodation, transportation, food. All things that involve IVF, surrogate screening and birth at the hospital. And it was also the same price if donor eggs are chosen to use instead. It was a nice back-up plan to have if things didn’t work out with OE at no additional cost! This blew them away! The best part about it is that they guaranteed them a baby (If the first surrogate doesn’t work out, they will try again with another until they are successful!)
Also Ukraine is one of the few places where the laws favor the intended parents rather than the surrogate. Under Ukrainian law, the baby is yours from the moment of conception. Once the baby is born, they put down your names in the birth certificate.

Also I should add that hardly can we all thank our awesome donors for what they do for us!! Just imagie. Once the process is started, egg donors begin giving themselves daily injections of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist analogues such as Lupron, a medication used to temporarily “shut down” the egg donor’s ovaries by suppressing her reproductive hormones. Other gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist analogues include Buserelin, Suprefact, Goserelin, Zoladex, Nafarelin, Triptorelin, Synarel, and Prostap. The side effects of these medications are known to cause mood swings, headaches, abdominal bloating, weight gain, nausea, and stinging pain at the injection site for some women.
After the egg donor’s and recipient’s menstrual cycles are synchronized, it is time to stimulate the donor’s ovaries to produce multiple eggs, a process known as ovulation induction. This process involves the injection of either follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) or human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG). These medications go by the brand names Gonal/f, Pergonol, Urofollitropin, Metrodin, Humegon, Menagon, and Clomid (which also goes by Milophene, Serophene, Clomifert, Fertomid, Siphene, and Omifin).
The biggest risk of ovulation induction is the possibility of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, a medical condition which can range from mild symptoms such as bloating to severe ones like kidney failure, and even death. Some studies estimate the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome as high as 10 percent, easily the most common side effect of egg donation. Thankfully there are medical treatments for it, but it still poses potential health risks for egg donors.
Women put themselves at risk. I mean their health. And the least we can do for them is to say thank you (and of course give some tiny reward). This entire process is so worthy!!

You know, I have a thing to say. It’s about the treatment options.We’re lucky to have this selecting the best embryos for transfer. Embryo growth rate as too fast or too slow can indicate the presence of chromosomal problems which is vitaly important. Embryos graded AA are not that common. We’re much more likely to see B and C grades, but that doesn’t mean that the embryo transfer will fail. Embryo quality is a continuum. Your reproductive endocrinologist and the embryologists are the ones to give you an honest assessment of the quality of your embryos and your chances for successful IVF treatment. Others may reply differently. But I believe it’s safe to say that there are so many variables at work that it would be a mistake to look at embryo quality as the main measure of your chances. There are so many cases of successful pregnancies/deliveries with embryos that weren’t of perfect quality. Sorry I can’t provide accurate statistics. I think it all just varies so much by person and circumstance. I also have a friend who got prego with a baby girl after transfering median quality embryo. Her grades were 1.5-3, 1 being the highest. What do you, ladies, think?

Hi, lovelies. How are you doing? How the treatments are going for you currently?
I’d gone through four 2wws. All they were a huge rollercoaster for both of us. Each time new symptoms adding. That did drive me crazy. I was 40 yo. PCOS sufferer with blocked fallopian tubes and aged eggs. Though we gave 2 tries ivf using own eggs, we got nothing but tough bfns. We understood we had to look onto egg donation track. Signed 5 shots de ivf package as it guaranteed money refund in case of failure. Thankfully, our struggle ended after shot#2. We got a fat positive on day 12 after ET.
Hope to hear good news from you soon! This is so great we have each other here on the board! Best of luck!