pending miscarriage and TTC at 37

[SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman]hi,[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=14px]I’m new to the forum – I’m 37 and my husband is 38. We’ve been ttc for 3+ years. The cause of our infertility is unknown, although an HSG shows that I might have some scarring on my tubes, but no way to know how bad without laparoscopy (which I’m not yet willing to undergo). In April, I had a chemical pregnancy, and then in August I discovered I was pregnant after ceasing infertility treatments (i had previously done 5 rounds of Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone). We were elated, until last week’s blood results. here’s a summary:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman]4w4d - HCG -@834 and Progesterone @ 21[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=14px]5w1d - HCG @ 2206 and Prog @ 20[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=14px]6w3d - HCG @ 3380 and Prog @ 9 [doctor put me on Crinone]. Also, only gestational sac visible[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=15px][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman]It’s likely I will miscarry. I’m completely devastated and feeling hopeless. I have a scan and blood work scheduled this week, but my doctor is not hopeful. I guess I’m just writing for some moral support. [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi - I’m so sorry you’re going through that. I think I can completely identify - I miscarried a few months ago after doing IVF (was 37…I just turned 38) - we’ve been trying for two years. I have damaged tubes due to endometriosis, which they found through a laparoscopy. I know there’s nothing really I can say except that it sucks - it just SUCKS – and that you have my support and heartfelt empathy. Also, if you have any questions any time about laparoscopy, I’d be happy to offer whatever I know.

I truly know how hard it is to have hope right now but try to hold on. I have been in your shoes many times. My last cycle started out with good numbers for the first two betas and then were all over the place and not doubling and not even as high as yours. The dr at one point, I think around 5-6 weeks, gave me a 60% chance of miscarriage because my hcg was not doubling, but this little one was determined and I am now 19 weeks. Wishing the best for you!

thanks for your kind messages. Unfortunately, my doctor confirmed this morning that I will miscarry. A yolk sac was visible, but nothing else. I’m devastated.

As far as I know, heart is heard around 7 weeks…you are not 7 weeks yet. In addition, I saw women writing that the beta slows down once it is over 1000. Ask for the second opinion. In the meantime, continue progesterone.