Period 7 days after "ovulation"?

Hi there…I am very new to all this, and as I am PCOS I think i have a road ahead of me, but can anybody help me with this? I went to the fertility clinic last week Tuesday to collect my Clomid. I was obviously going to start taking it with my next cycle. The gynae did an internal scan and saw that there was a 13mm follicle on my right side, so he was convinced I would ovulate on my own by the Saturday or Sunday. He also told me that if you are not preggy, you will always have a period 10 to 14 days after ovulation. Yesterday was day 7 (approx) and I started bleeding and cramping. Dark thick blood, not light brown spotting as I would perhaps expect with implantation bleeding. This is definitely period of sports, but how is that possible? IF IF IF I did ovulate, it would have been on day 27/28/29 of my cycle. I always thought that if you hadnt ovulated by around day 20, you would not ovulate that month, but he said not always with PCOS patients? And what was that 13mm follicle doing there? Could it have already reached full size and then was perhaps in the process of shrinking without ovulating? Is this even possible? I am just totally confused! Can anybody hep? Thanks so much!!

Hi!
No you won’t always. Maybe one could say “usually” but even that is a stretch. It’s called your luteal phase and it can be a day or 20 days. It can be anything. Some people have a luteal phase defect where it is too short to give the egg time to implant. 7 days is short, but probably not “too short” and it can also be corrected if nessesary.

I don’t believe that’s necessarily more common with PCOS but I could be wrong. I’d just give your doc a ring on Monday and let them know. If you need to start your Clomid before then - I am not a doctor - but I would just take it. If you have to throw in the towel on this cycle taking a pill of Clomid won’t hurt, and I would rather not have to wait until the next cycle because I didn’t take it.

GOOD LUCK! :babydust:

Thanks so much! That helps a lot;-) Am supposed to start the Clomid on Monday, so will give them a quick call in the morning and then start Monday. Thanks again;-)

No problem! :slight_smile: Good luck!