Period and PCOS after childbirth

I posted this over at the PCOS forum but I am thinking that since many of us have had babies (congrats) my question might receive an answer here.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2006 and conceived my DS with femara and injectibles and my DD with IVF in 2010. I am thin and my only outward symptom was that I never got my period. (All the other symptoms were discovered with bloodwork and ultrasounds.)

Even though I am still breastfeeding, my period has been regular since June. I am wondering if anyone else with PCOS (after the birth of a child) has had their period return normally. I have a 32 day cycle every month for the past 7 months, something that I had not had since I was a teenager.

Thanks for reading!

[quote=robynanne]I posted this over at the PCOS forum but I am thinking that since many of us have had babies (congrats) my question might receive an answer here.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2006 and conceived my DS with femara and injectibles and my DD with IVF in 2010. I am thin and my only outward symptom was that I never got my period. (All the other symptoms were discovered with bloodwork and ultrasounds.)

Even though I am still breastfeeding, my period has been regular since June. I am wondering if anyone else with PCOS (after the birth of a child) has had their period return normally. I have a 32 day cycle every month for the past 7 months, something that I had not had since I was a teenager.

Thanks for reading![/quote]

Congrats on the little one. That is so exciting. I also have PCOS and prior to the birth of my daughter 4 years ago I rarely had a period. It never game and I would take provera so that I would at least get it for a couple of months. After having her it has been completly opposite. I am not able to say that mine is every 32 days like you (that would be awesome) I usually get my period every month but days in between vary and sometimes i will get a short period of time and other times it will last for like three weeks. It is very frustrating. I have skipped a month here and there but I guess at least I am getting it.

I also have PCOS and rarely get periods (my only issue from it). After having my son I got one period 6 weeks later and then nothing for months. I finally took Provera in Oct to induce one. Have not gotten one since. I have heard for some woman they get regular periods after having a baby though so you are probably one of the lucky ones that do :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply. I am getting my 3 day labs done tomorrow to check my FSH/LH levels, AMH, etc. The last time that I had them done was in 2006 and I am curious to see how things have changed or if they even have. While I am not TTC#3 just to know that everything is in working order will give me peace of mind about how we are going to proceed in the future.