PIO injection question..

Hey all,

Its the weekend and i’m second quessing my PIO injections…quick questions from your experience…

Is it OK if it bleeds?

Do you feel like its more on hour hip than your butt??

I just feel like im doing it wrong!!!

thanks for the advice!!

:bsv:

[quote=stefanieleigh81]Hey all,

Its the weekend and i’m second quessing my PIO injections…quick questions from your experience…

Is it OK if it bleeds?

Do you feel like its more on hour hip than your butt??

I just feel like im doing it wrong!!!

thanks for the advice!!

:bsv:[/quote]
It’s ok if it bleeds a little- sometimes it’s just a dot, sometimes a bit more. It should be in the upperouter quadrant of the buttock, so I think it does feel more like hip area sometimes. Sometimes where I “feel” it afterwards is not exactly where the injection itself was. There are some videos you can watch online if you are still nervous.

Bleeding is normal … Keep in mind it’s a much deeper injection than the stims.

It’s def more hip than buttocks.

Check out some vids on you tube. Try to push the needle in very quickly, but actually inject the medicine nice and slow to help avoid lumping. Also give it a nice little rub after you are done the injection.

I’m sure you are doing it right ;0) best of luck ;0)

I quite often bled and sometimes it was a lot. One time just to kid around I yelled “Gun shot wound to the A&$” …my husband didn’t find it as funny as I did.

And, yes, it’s more the hip than the butt.

Yep, just like the others said, it will bleed a little and it does feel more like the hip area. Tip: heat the PIO on a heating pad it makes it easier to push into your hip.

[quote=Jessica10]I quite often bled and sometimes it was a lot. One time just to kid around I yelled “Gun shot wound to the A&$” …my husband didn’t find it as funny as I did.

And, yes, it’s more the hip than the butt.[/quote]

LOL!! That sounds exactly like something I’d say!! I call my DH a “World Class Javelin Launcher”.