PIO Shots After 14 weeks

Hi Everyone,

I have been taking the PIO shots for 4 weeks now and the nurse gives me the shot at my OB office. But now I have some issues. What side effects did you have or are currently having?

Esperanza
XOXO

So I am having the huge bruises of hematoma and I am putting ice…should I be doing something else?

Esperanza
XOXO

All I can think is that maybe the nurse isn’t pulling back on the syringe once she’s stuck you, to make sure she hasn’t hit a vein. I only had to do PIO for the first 1 weeks, but didn’t really have bruising. When there was bruising it was only when DH pulled back the syringe and saw blood. Good luck I hope it gets better. Have you tried calling your OB?

I guess I should

You know I should. I see the them Tues & Wed this week. It is huge and it hurts and itches. I have been icing but my fam said to use heat. I guess I should call…hehe I call them every weekend for something.Being on bedrest I guess makes the shots worse but they are worth the pain for any prevention of PTL.

Thanks,
Esperanza

[QUOTE=Lovelyrose27]All I can think is that maybe the nurse isn’t pulling back on the syringe once she’s stuck you, to make sure she hasn’t hit a vein. I only had to do PIO for the first 1 weeks, but didn’t really have bruising. When there was bruising it was only when DH pulled back the syringe and saw blood. Good luck I hope it gets better. Have you tried calling your OB?[/QUOTE]