PIO shots or suppositories?

I am wondering if one works better than the other. Is there any harm to do both. My last FET at once point after i got my BFP they noted my progesterone was low and had me up my PIO shot. I wonder if it would be worth it so suppositories as well.

I have used both shots and suppositories for all my cycles :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=tlb0019]I am wondering if one works better than the other. Is there any harm to do both. My last FET at once point after i got my BFP they noted my progesterone was low and had me up my PIO shot. I wonder if it would be worth it so suppositories as well.[/QUOTE]

I used Endometrin progesterone suppositories and no PIO.
Its probably different for each person, depending on your levels and what the doc recommends. If using suppositories, be prepared to wear a pad 24/7.

I’ve done them both, at the same time and separately. There is really no difference in effectiveness, but some RE’s prefer PIO because it’s what they’re familiar with. It’s also apparently easier to measure your P4 blood levels with PIO.

Asked RE about this before

Hi there! My RE said the PIO injectable is better absorbed by the body. So I am doing this now. I would prefer to use the suppositories, messy or not. The PIO leave my butt sore!

With my old RE every cycle I used PIO and was on the highest dosage legal since he always felt my progesterone was low. I changed RE’s and used endometrin. The only difference is that PIO can be measured in your blood stream and suppositories can not. I was so much happier with suppositories and it was the cycle that produced my daughter.

After 2 unsuccessful FET cycles, I just had a discussion with my nurse regarding PIO, since I seem to have an allergic reaction to the injections. I had a successful pregnancy using Endometrin suppositories. My nurse said that research seems to be indicating that suppositories are better, and they are considering switching over to them for FET. They’ve been using PIO because that’s what they’ve always used for FETs, but they’ve been using suppositories for fresh cycles. My nurse told me that some patients have asked to do suppositories for FETs, and they’ve let them. Personally, I’m going to use suppositories in any upcoming cycles, since I’ve had such bad reactions to the PIO, and I had DS with suppositories.

Most REs prefer the PIO before transfer to ensure the lining is ready. however once there is a BFP, its totally safe to switch … they work the same, one isnt really better than the other.