Play food for play kitchen-Melissa and Doug?

We are getting DD a wooden play kitchen for Christmas and I’d really like to give her Melissa and Doug play food to go along with it. So far I’m finding Amazon has the best prices. Does anyone know of another website that might have better prices?

Or I read in another thread that several of you were giving play kitchens as well. Where/what brand play food are you getting to go along with it?

Thanks!

I’m going to get some Melissa and Doug food too - Marshalls had some really good deals last week when I was in there!

The Little Tikes food as well as the Step 2 and Fisher Price food is good quality. It is durable plastic and not the cheap stuff that bends and breaks and gets bite marks in it when the kids “eat it”. We have 2 play kitchens from Step 2. One indoors and one outside in their playhouse. That is the food we have in both and it holds well to the elements outside.

I bought Melissa and Doug stuff (dolls, puppets, puzzles) and also found the best prices on Amazon.com

A tip - if you sign up for their “mom” program they will give you free membership to their Amazon Prime program (2 day free shipping). Each month you spend a certain amount (like $50???) in kid stuff they will extend your prime by a month. Toys seem to count. They also have great prices in diapers if you sign up for their subscription program (30% off)

[quote=azariah08]I bought Melissa and Doug stuff (dolls, puppets, puzzles) and also found the best prices on Amazon.com

A tip - if you sign up for their “mom” program they will give you free membership to their Amazon Prime program (2 day free shipping). Each month you spend a certain amount (like $50???) in kid stuff they will extend your prime by a month. Toys seem to count. They also have great prices in diapers if you sign up for their subscription program (30% off)[/quote]

Oh, thanks for mentioning this! I didn’t know!

Another place I’ll check is Michaels (and use their 40% off coupon)…

Thanks for the replies!

[QUOTE=Cali]Oh, thanks for mentioning this! I didn’t know!

Another place I’ll check is Michaels (and use their 40% off coupon)…

Thanks for the replies![/QUOTE]

I was just going to suggest Michaels. Do you have an AC Moore where you are? They have a TON of Melissa and Doug stuff. It was just all 50% off after Thanksgiving and this Sunday it was buy one, get one free.