Please help. 7 Weeks and no heartbeat detected

Hi everyone. Again I find myself on the only website in the entire world that gives me comfort and with people who know how to lift my spirits. My background is my husband and i have been trying to have a baby for almost four years. We have been through three rounds of IVF (one fresh and two frozen) and low and behold we finally got pregnant! I was over the moon. Our transfer was 02/25 and the doc scheduled a 7 week ultrasound…which was today. My husband and I went to the ultrasound all excited and low and behold everything was there, but no heartbeat was found. My heart sunk. My doctor said she was concerned. She has scheduled another ultrasound for next wednesday (april 3rd) and feel like i am going to go insane until then. She took my blood again today and my beta was 19000 so at least i have that in my favor. She also stated that the baby was measuring around 6 weeks. Any advice, words of encouragement, or anyone that has been through this same thing, anything will be greatly appreciated. I feel like a black cloud is just hanging over me but i am praying so hard that my little nugget decides to stick with me!!!

I just wanted to say I know how you feel. It didn’t turn out well for me. I did a lot of reading at the time, and a tilted uterus can make things appear smaller and a hb difficult to detect. That was about the most encouragement I found. Routinely, the 7 week ultrasound is the time when the hb should be seen, though. When I was going through this the first time, I couldn’t stand the thought of waiting an entire week in limbo. I was able to get them to see me 2 days later. At that 2nd appointment, there was no heartbeat, and the baby still measured 8w3d, exactly the same as my prior appointment. The RE also checked for bloodflow using a doppler. It gave me my answers. I hope the best for you though, and I’m so sorry you are going through this. :heart:

I’m so sorry to hear this - i know the wait is absolutely unbearable as I recently went through this. If you go to site Misdiagnosed Miscarriage, there are definitely stories of women who at first to hear a heartbeat and then lo’ and behold they did.

I wish it had been for me - sadly not. What did your blood test indicate?

My first ultrasound they had trouble with locating a heartbeat and it was close to 7 weeks. I freaked out having to wait 4 days and then when I went in everything was fine and the heartbeat was heard. What type of ultrasound was it? Some are more sensitive than others.
I’m sorry you have to wait 7 days. Waiting is the worst. Is there anyway to speed it up? If not continue to pray. I’ll say a prayer for you tonight.

Just wanted 2 say sorry you have to go through all this. surely they could give you another blood test to see if it is doubling?

I’m so sorry to hear you are going through this. I wish I could give you a great story if success. But all I can do is to say try to look at the positive and stay focused on a healthy developing baby. :pray:

Thank u all for ur replies! My first beta was done on 03/07 and it was 119. My follow up beta was done on 3/11 an it was 527. They did a beta yesterday when they did the ultrasound and it came back at 19000. I am thinking the doc was surprised and was thinking it would be a lower number since they couldn’t find the heartbeat. I am just praying it was too early and next Wednesday will bring me the happy news I have been praying for for four endless years!!

I hope your next ultrasound shows a little heartbeat. In my many years of TTC, i have seen girls that have done FET’s. I have seen alot of them go through the same thing as you. I have heard FET’s have a slower start. So maybe thats just the reason. :cross: :cross: :pray: :pray:

Missingmy#2, i just called my ivf nurse and asked her that very same question about FET’s starting off slower than fresh ivf cycle pregnancies. She stated that it has never been scientifically proven but it seems to her that in all of her years of doing this that it is true. I AM PRAYING THAT THIS IS THE CASE!!

well what the ivf nurse is saying is comforting im sure, I realise its almost time for your next ultrasound but is there no other way they could of tested you any earlier? like at another clinic or something? making someone wait 7 days just sounds cruel…maybe its normal but well done you for managing to wait that long without going insane! wishing you all the very best of luck for wendesday

Hope all goes well, I had the same rising betas, first HB=79, I waited 2 weeks for the next US to give him a chance and no HB. My betas were over 50,000. Someone else mentioned was it a vaginal US? Those take much longer to get a good image.:pray: :pray: :pray: for you and hubby

It was a vaginal ultrasound that they used. i keep cramping a whole bunch but no spotting and no blood so i am praying that is a good sign. tryingattempt#4…so even when a heartbeat was detected there was no heartbeat at the second ultrasound?? I hate all of this mess. just when you think you are out of the woods and you finally have the miracle you have been dreaming so long for, then other stuff like this comes about that stresses you out. praying praying praying my ultrasound on Wednesday gives me the outcome i have been desiring for almost four years now!

Sending you lots of happy positive vibes. I hope that you get good news on Wednesday.

Thank you all so much for your replies and possitive words:) I wish none of us had to go through any of this.

Stay positive

HI - First of all I wish you luck for your next appoitment!

I’m currently 30 weeks pregnant. Your words resonated with me, as we don’t wish any new mom to go through this constant headaches. At 7 weeks they found a sack and yolk, but no baby or HB with a vaginal US. I remember very clear my ride back home with my husband. We were silent, and devasteted. I couldn’t eat or sleep. At 9 weeks they tested again and we saw baby and heartbeat. I’m not an expert by any means…but I realized people that are going through the IVF process are used to see the scientific aspect with numbers, chart, and everything that goes into it…but 6/7 weeks it’s very early. People with a natural process got their first US at 11/12 weeks!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU

[quote=MAG1973SI]HI - First of all I wish you luck for your next appoitment!

I’m currently 30 weeks pregnant. Your words resonated with me, as we don’t wish any new mom to go through this constant headaches. At 7 weeks they found a sack and yolk, but no baby or HB with a vaginal US. I remember very clear my ride back home with my husband. We were silent, and devasteted. I couldn’t eat or sleep. At 9 weeks they tested again and we saw baby and heartbeat. I’m not an expert by any means…but I realized people that are going through the IVF process are used to see the scientific aspect with numbers, chart, and everything that goes into it…but 6/7 weeks it’s very early. People with a natural process got their first US at 11/12 weeks!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU[/quote]

mag1973si thank you so much for your story! it is stories like these that give me hope and KNOW that God will show me that beautiful heartbeat on wednesday! IF you aren’t an infertile person, you are correct, their first ultrasound isn’t until 10 or so weeks. It is almost like these early ultrasounds stress us out more than they should!!

Thinking of you and so sorry that you have to go through this… a week is really long to wait. I think you should try get an ultrasound appointment earlier, even if you have to go to your OB. It was a roller coaster ride of emotions for us when we went through it and I am sure it is for you too. Praying that all will go well for you.

I’ve been thinking of you! (((HUGS))) I sure hope at your next appointment you hear that little HB!

Just got back from 2nd ultrasound. Sac and fetal pole showed growth but still no heartbeat:(. Should be eight weeks and baby is only measuring at six weeks. Gotta go back next week to see what is going to happen. Doc didn’t sound optimistic. This whole thing is gonna end up driving me insane

Don’t give up!!! That is progress. Just keep thinking positive thoughts and focus on growth.

Remember. In a normal pregnancy you would not be worried about this as much. And these things catch up all the time.

Hoping the best for you.