Please help! Anyone have success after failed vasectomy reversal?

Is there anyone out there that can give me some encouragement? We just found out last week that our second round of IVF/ICSI was negative…and our embryos were “beautiful” this time! The first round I became pregnant, but miscarried at 8 weeks. I just don’t understand why it didn’t work!!!

My husband has 2 healthy boys from his first marriage. We had his vasectomy reversed in 2008, but his count is very low and motility is poor thanks to anti-sperm antibodies. His sperm was collected “naturally” both times. Should we insist on sperm being surgically removed if we do it again? Will that make a difference?

Please, anyone who has had success after a failed vasectomy reversal give me some hope!!! I am so sad and discouraged right now…

Hi Hope4Miracle-
I just wanted to offer a little encouragement. My DH had a vasectomy 20+ years ago. His reversal in 2009 went very well, but his counts, morphology and motility were never good after the reversal. We did our first round of IVF and we were lucky enough to get pregnant.

Have you considered SCSA testing to look at your dh’s fragmentation? That is really the only way you can know if his Sperm is healthy. It seems like you are getting embryos and were even able to get pregnant, so I’m tempted to say the test will confirm that the DNA is okay… meaning next round you do IVF/ICSI rather than go with surgical approaches.

Good luck in your journey!

Angelique,
thank you for responding! Congratulations to you and your DH.

No, we have not done SCSA testing…I don’t even know what it is, but will certainly look into it. I would think that because he has two healthy children from his first marriage that his sperm DNA are fine, but it might be worth further testing.

Since our infertility is MF, they haven’t really done any testing on me…so it might be worth asking my RE to check me out, too…for anything they might not have found during the IVF cycles.

Thank you for your words of encouragement!

My Dh had a VR almost 2 years ago, it did not work. We did IVF w/ICSI they were not able to aspirate the sperm, they had to do a biopsy. Thank goodnes they found sperm! My beta was on 11/30 :bfp: dont give up!