Please help me, am considering cancelling

I am doing IVF/PGD with donor eggs and Egg Retrieval is planned for this Saturday. I am having some major misgivings about this cycle and would appreciate your views.

This is our third cycle with this clinic. The first 2 cycles went like this:

[B]Cycle No. 1[/B]
Donor - 28 years old, 2 children of her own, good pretesting
AFC 16
12 eggs retrieved
8 fertilised
7 abnormal
1 normal, albeit v. poor quality. Did not implant.

[B]Cycle No. 2[/B]
Donor - 20 years old, 1 child of her own, good pretesting
AFC 18
11 eggs retrieved
7 fertilised
7 abnormal, no transfer.

So onto our third and final cycle with a new donor. Her previous 5 cycles went like this:

Cycle No. 1: 38 eggs - 32 embryos, 2 transferred, 12 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 2: 31 eggs - 25 embryos, 1 transferred, 8 frozen, + pregnancy (singleton)
Cycle No. 3: 36 eggs - 27 embryos, 2 transferred, 10 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 4: 29 eggs - 25 embryos, 2 transferred, 6 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 5: 37 eggs - 35 embryos, 3 transferred, 12 frozen, SHARED CYCLE, both couples pregnant (one with twins, one with a singleton)

She was on Follitism for all her previous cycles. Our RE currently has her on 150 Follitism and 75 Menopur. She has had 2 scans, the first scan indicated 17-19 follicles, the most recent one indicated 13-15 follicles. Her E2 is 855 and Egg Retrieval is planned for Saturday.

We have some grave concerns about this. Her cycle does not seem to be progressing as well as her previous ones. Indeed, her cycle seems to be following the familiar pattern of our 2 previous (unsuccessful) cycles.

We are very close to cancelling. Please, please can you give us your views on this.

Thank you all so much.

[QUOTE=FullaDoll]I am doing IVF/PGD with donor eggs and Egg Retrieval is planned for this Saturday. I am having some major misgivings about this cycle and would appreciate your views.

This is our third cycle with this clinic. The first 2 cycles went like this:

[B]Cycle No. 1[/B]
Donor - 28 years old, 2 children of her own, good pretesting
AFC 16
12 eggs retrieved
8 fertilised
7 abnormal
1 normal, albeit v. poor quality. Did not implant.

[B]Cycle No. 2[/B]
Donor - 20 years old, 1 child of her own, good pretesting
AFC 18
11 eggs retrieved
7 fertilised
7 abnormal, no transfer.

So onto our third and final cycle with a new donor. Her previous 5 cycles went like this:

Cycle No. 1: 38 eggs - 32 embryos, 2 transferred, 12 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 2: 31 eggs - 25 embryos, 1 transferred, 8 frozen, + pregnancy (singleton)
Cycle No. 3: 36 eggs - 27 embryos, 2 transferred, 10 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 4: 29 eggs - 25 embryos, 2 transferred, 6 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 5: 37 eggs - 35 embryos, 3 transferred, 12 frozen, SHARED CYCLE, both couples pregnant (one with twins, one with a singleton)

She was on Follitism for all her previous cycles. Our RE currently has her on 150 Follitism and 75 Menopur. She has had 2 scans, the first scan indicated 17-19 follicles, the most recent one indicated 13-15 follicles. Her E2 is 855 and Egg Retrieval is planned for Saturday.

We have some grave concerns about this. Her cycle does not seem to be progressing as well as her previous ones. Indeed, her cycle seems to be following the familiar pattern of our 2 previous (unsuccessful) cycles.

We are very close to cancelling. Please, please can you give us your views on this.

Thank you all so much.[/QUOTE]
Try not to compare previous retrievals. The goal is to get mature eggs. I think the ideal number is 16 but I am not sure. We had 15 retrieved and ended up with 10 good embryos. We put in 4 and have 6 frozen. Are you doing Pgd? Have you had the sperm tested for DNA fragmentation? Sometimes it is not the eggs. If you have young eggs and they are not genetically sound on two cycles then sperm could be a factor. I would not cancel as this could be your perfect cycle. You don’t need 30+ eggs. It is also too early to tell how many will be retrieved. It is hard but try not to over think this. Hugs

Thanks. Definitely not sperm issue as we had it tested a few weeks ago.

I can’t help feeling that history is repeating itself.

I can’t imagine that your RE would overlook this, but has your husband also had karyotyping done? He is the common denominator in those first two cycles.

I think you are ok. I would not cancel. I am also wondering if it could be some type of sperm issue. Please try not to get all concerned about the number of follicles/eggs. Your really looking for mature quality eggs. It only takes one:) I know it is so natural to panic and worry at every step in this process. The truth is there is no “PERFECT” cycle. I sure wish there was. I had what looked to be the perfect cycle. Proven donor, perfect lining and hormone levels, I have had 2 successful (non-IF) pregnancies. and still a BFN…Also, it’s a long way to Saturday she could have many many more eggs by then…

Hope you can move forward and that you have a very successful outcome and get your :bfp: . Good luck with whatever you and your DH may decide to do.

Fulladoll?? What did you decide? I hope everything worked out for you and that you will be posting a :bfp: very soon!!

We got 19 eggs, 14 fertilized and we had 12 on Day 2. PGD planned for today and I fly out in a few hours.

I am terrified.

[quote=FullaDoll]We got 19 eggs, 14 fertilized and we had 12 on Day 2. PGD planned for today and I fly out in a few hours.

I am terrified.[/quote]

Best of luck to you!

Those are great numbers!!! :cross: That this is your time. KUP. Best of luck to you. Take care:flower:

fulladoll…i had read your posts, fingers crossed for you sweetie:cross: all sounds good!! good luck to you!!
many hugs!!!

Thinking of you. Please update us.

Thanks everyone! We have at least 8 embryos! Absolutely thrilled. Go for ET at 4pm tomorrow.

Best wishes to you today!! :bsv:

fulladoll…best wishes!!! many hugs!!!

Wonderful update. Good luck today:cheer:

Glad everything worked out! Best wishes today!!!:grouphug:

Hi there-

Glad you went through with it afterall. Perhaps this is a wonderful sign that all is well and this is it! I reallly hope it is for you.
Take care of yourself and rest up

Fulladoll- Good luck, I am happy you waited it out and did ET today! :gsv: :bsv: KUP

I just saw this post and am sending positive thoughts your way. That is awesome to hear that you went through with it. Hoping for the best. :pray:

Thanks for all your good wishes. We put back two and froze four.

She was a great donor. Would highly recommend her for anyone who is looking.