Please help me calm my nerves!

I am having a little panic attack! I took the Ovridel Trigger Shot this morning at 9 am but my dh doesn’t even go in to to get his sperm specimen and get it washed until 11 am tomorrow morning and then we go in for the IUI…I am worried b/c I am reading online you can O up to 24-36 hours–what if I ovulate at 24 and we miss the egg?? My nurse told me it was 24-36 but said 9 am would be perfect time to take the shot but now I am super worried! I am having lots of pains and worried I am ovulating now or something but please help me calm my nerves…I am def. having a little mini freak out!

longing2bamama.
dont worry everything will be fine. Remain positive or you will drive yourself nuts (this process does that to you). Sometimes Goggle provides so much information we begin to read too much into things. Trust in your RE. To ease your mind most ladies take the ovidrel about the same time and wait a day 1/2 to get inseminated. AFM, i triggered on saturday around 10:00 pm and Monday had a wash at 8:45, IUI at 10:45

Thanks Missjay. I woke up this morning and the pain was gone and my ovaries don’t have any pain or really feel swollen at all…this has me worried that my eggs already dropped or the follies already burst.

(((HUGS))) try to relax, I know it is hard. Even if you have ovulated overnight the egg is viable for 24 hours after ovulation, if you have your IUI this afternoon, there will still be LOTS of time for the sperm to get there (it only takes minutes after the IUI) and find the egg.

Good luck!!!

[QUOTE=momtonewfs](((HUGS))) try to relax, I know it is hard. Even if you have ovulated overnight the egg is viable for 24 hours after ovulation, if you have your IUI this afternoon, there will still be LOTS of time for the sperm to get there (it only takes minutes after the IUI) and find the egg.

Good luck!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you for this encouragement! Our doctor said it looks like we either ovulated or are about it–he said it is “tweeny” or something…anyone know what that means?! The iui went well. We did have to use the tanacilum which was no fun but we got it done!!!