Please help regarding IUI

hello all
can someone please advise me regarding IUI …what is the minimum sperm count required for IUI ? both pre-wash and post-wash …and also what was the semen analysis for that before pre-wash…

my DH had the following
vol : 2 ml
concentration : 7 mil/2 ml
grade was 3 + (3+ or 4+ is the recommended std)
the remaining factors including morphology and motility were all good… the only problem is with the poor sperm count …this was the latest test results which was better than his previous count although still too low…:grr::grr:

can someone please please respond to this and send me a response either through forum or email… i am loosing all hope looking at these results…
has anyone been able to conceive with such low numbers using IUI …

Every RE has different numbers they allow. But 10 million total motile sperm post wash is what most want. My newest RE allows as low as 5 million total motile post wash. Now, i have seen a few BFP’s from IUI’s with 1 million or less. But they are few and far between.

One question, has your husband been to see a urologist that specializes in male infertility? There might be an underlying issue that is causing the lower than normal counts. So, it might be best to start with that if you haven’t already. Request a full hormone panel bloodwork for him and go from there.

thanks for the reply… yes my DH has been to couple of urologists this the 2nd urologist that has been referred by the doctor… all his tests including blood work, psa etc are normal. he also doesn’t have any verioscle too …so not sure why these numbers r so low…so was thinking of other options…

[QUOTE=jessicaSimpson]thanks for the reply… yes my DH has been to couple of urologists this the 2nd urologist that has been referred by the doctor… all his tests including blood work, psa etc are normal. he also doesn’t have any verioscle too …so not sure why these numbers r so low…so was thinking of other options…[/QUOTE]

Hmm, Is he on a good multivitamin? If no, get him on one. There are some on the market right now that are labelled as fertility vitamin’s for me. Maybe its just a lifestyle thing. There are so many things that can harm a man’s sperm. Being sick, heat, smoking, drinking… so on and so on. But know, there are choices. There is always IUI with donor sperm, if you want to go that route. Also IVF.

Goodluck :grouphug: I know how dealing with male factor infertility feels. We’re almost to the point of moving onto donor sperm or waiting for our IVF next year.

My RE likes to see 5 million post wash in order to do IUI, bu tI’ve seen women on here get preggo with less than that. It only takes one!

Thanks for the responses… i am not sure when that one lil “guy” will make it…both of us r really depressed and the urologist was saying clomid might also not help even though he has prescribed it for my DH.so far we have not tried it due to its side effects…i couldn’t find the thread for the iui successful cases with their DH count #, Semen analysis ,if someone can find it please post it here…

[QUOTE=jessicaSimpson]Thanks for the responses… i am not sure when that one lil “guy” will make it…both of us r really depressed and the urologist was saying clomid might also not help even though he has prescribed it for my DH.so far we have not tried it due to its side effects…i couldn’t find the thread for the iui successful cases with their DH count #, Semen analysis ,if someone can find it please post it here…[/QUOTE]

If he doesn’t have Low T from his bloodwork, clomid isn’t going to help. From girls who’s dh’s were put on clomid without low t their counts got worse most of the time. My dh is on 50mg clomid daily for his low t. It helped his counts. Also, the side effects we get from clomid… the men don’t.

I have seen a few on here… but a lot on another TTC website i am on. You might wanna look on the IUI section if you haven’t. http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/intrauterine-insemination-iui/