please help transfer in 2 days! Im scared out my mind!!

I am so nervous my transfer date is coming up on April 5th two weeks ago I was counting with excitement …now I so anxious and nervous. I want to be happy and KNOW it will work but ugh I have no crystal ball to determine the outcome.My husband and I have saved up to this point and I am not financially able to go through another cycle… I have 4 embryos all blasts and will be transferring 2 on my transfer date.

So has anyone ever transferd two and received a BFN?
Has anyone ever transfered a blast or 2 and got a BFN?
Did it hurt during your transfer?
Did it take a long time during transfer?
Were you nervous before, during, and after transfer?
Any words of wisdom or advice?

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]As I’m reading your post I can’t help but laugh. I remember when you were so frustrated and anxious about wanting to move forward with your FET but every obstacle laid before you. Now the time has come for your transfer and you’re not prepared? Ahh just relax and let science and love create your soon to be baby! (Be anxious for nothing and trust in Him.) Can’t wait to hear your updates during the 2ww! Best wishes, I’ll be thinking of You. [/SIZE][/FONT]

So I can’t answer all your questions but I can about your transfer. I did not think it hurt, it was uncomfortable like a pelvic exam. The worst part was I had to go to the bathroom so bad so they used a catheter to drain my bladder and that just felt like a little burning. My transfer took maybe 15 minutes then I had to lay flat for 20. I was nervous and so excited… I think that is normal. This site provided me with a lot of support during that time. Good luck!!!

All of my BFP (although they were chemical) were from FET. And you have 6 that made it to blasts, and with your age, your pregnancy rate is very high.

Yes, with all fresh FET my embryos did not implant.

Only uncomfortable because my RE requires me to drink 30-40 ounces of water or until my bladder feels uncomfortably full so they can see better. Also they will stretch the speculum wider because they have to put the catherer with the embryos inside another catherer. That might feel uncomfortable a bit, but doesn’t hurt.

Once the doctor is in the room with you and embryologist is ready with your embryos the procedure takes 5 seconds. It takes the doctor about 2-5 minutes to prep you up with a catherer. But it doesn’t take long.

No. Excited.

Any words of wisdom or advice?
If you have to fill up your bladder uncomfortably full before transfer make sure you hang around the clinic (if you live far away from the clinic) to empty your bladder fully before you leave. Take the day off and if you can the next 5 days off that’s when the embryos implant. Good luck!

I’ve always transferred 2 and during fresh transfers I had a chemical, a BFN, and a m/c, and another BFN. All were 2 blasts, except the BFN was a 3 day transfer of 2 8-cells. I did do one FET with 2 blasts and it was a BFP and my daughter is now 9 months. I am getting ready for another FET later this month! FET’s seem to work better for me and are less stressful on the body.

The transfer didn’t hurt at all. It was just uncomfortable, because my bladder was full and I really wanted to pee! The transfer took about 15 min or so and I laid for about 10 min after then got to get up and go to the bathroom. During one of my transfers the embies did get stuck in the catheter and they had to transfer again.

I’ve always been really excited about the transfers, but after the 1st didn’t work I started to get nervous after all of them and would second guess everything during the 2ww. I think it’s completely normal to be nervous, especially during the first transfer…as you’re not sure what to expect. I hope all goes well and you get your BFP! Just try to relax during the 2ww!

@Webelievenmiracles
I know I often laugh at my self! I was totally anxious on this transfer now I’m shaking n my boots…because originally it was supposed to be on the 3-5th and I was upset cause they were saying I would possibly have to wait until the .15th and I am guessing God said YES*let’s do it on the 5th lol.
Hopefully everything will go well. ow are u? Hope all is good ill keep you posted!

@ Geneen3
Thanks so much that was great information. As you see in my signature I am paying cash and only have money saved up for this one…ugh

@ Alexi
I see chemical pregnancy all the time but I don’t quite understand exactly what it is?

@ AnastasiaC
Oh gosh that’s going to be pretty uncomfortable…I don’t want my bladder to be super full… And I absolutely hate catheters

Full bladder was uncomfortable, but the transfer was NOT painful and once the transfer was over I had to lay flat for 15min and despite needing to go to the bathroom super bad I still wasn’t in pain. Barely even thought about the bladder I was so excited the transfer was over and had gone textbook in the words of the Doc.

We transferred two (one cc blast and one early blast). None of our others made it to freeze. We are now pregnant with one of those we transferred.

Good Luck! :flower:

[QUOTE=kaydreambaby]I am so nervous my transfer date is coming up on April 5th two weeks ago I was counting with excitement …now I so anxious and nervous. I want to be happy and KNOW it will work but ugh I have no crystal ball to determine the outcome.My husband and I have saved up to this point and I am not financially able to go through another cycle… I have 4 embryos all blasts and will be transferring 2 on my transfer date.

Any words of wisdom or advice?[/QUOTE]

Kay, you’ve got waaaaaay better odds than the rest of us. FOUR blasts? You’ve got very, very high quality embryos. And look at why you’ve failed so far. All tubal factor or OHSS, which is behind you. Statistically, you don’t fall into the same treatment group as the rest of us. You are very far to the right of the bell curve. As a matter of fact, your embryos are so anxious to implant, they went ahead and implanted in your fallopian tubes. Let me count the advantages that you have over everyone else:

—You are young.
—You have successfully fertilized numerous embryos.
—You have generated numerous high quality blasts.
—Your embryos are enthusiastic about implanting.
—You are able to do an implantation WELL AFTER retrieval because you have flash frozen embryos, which has been shown to substantially increase your odds of a successful implantation.
—You removed your hydro tube, which eliminates that chance that your tube will flush away implanting embryos and generate a negative environment in your uterus.

My opinion? The odds are you’ll probably end up with twins because of your robust embryos. Honestly, if I were you, I’d do another cycle after this one if it fails because you are a prime candidate for IVF. But really, I’m almost certain that you’ll succeed on this one.

Edit: Also, can’t you just save the extra blasts that you have for later, then do another frozen embryo transfer (which is cheaper?)

Just wanted to say good luck on Friday. I understand the nervousness. Before it seemed so far away and now that it is here you are probably feeling all of the anxiety and anticipation all at once. My transfer was not painful. The room was so cold that my teeth were chattering and I was afraid that I was going to shiver to hard and knock the catherter on the floor. LOL. I was cold that I don’t remember it being uncomfortable either.

Good luck!

I think the transfer is the hardest and best part!

It’s hard for me, b/c for some reason, it’s like the only time that water goes right through me. So to hold it is pure torture for me. The nurse told me I could let a little of the urine out. When I did that, I felt much more comfortable but still had enough urine that it didn’t affect the process.

My last transfer, I must have urinated several times before the actual transfer, and I still had a very full bladder. The first time, I completely emptied my bladder. Then I went three more times with minoring emptying. The other lady who was getting a transfer didn’t seem bothered at all by holding her urine. She was reading. I was busy running to the bathroom. Hopefully you’re like her! I seem to be the abnormal one. lol.

The best part about transfer is that once you’re finished, you get to treat yourself like you’re pregnant…PUPO. It’s the one day when you’re not over analyzing numbers or symptoms. You can relax in your bed or on the couch, watch TV, catch up on being lazy; if you have a great DH, he will pamper you and treat you like you’re pregnant…getting things for you, making you food, running errands for things you want. It’s the best feeling through the whole IVF/FET process. You have all the hope in the world!

Best of luck and wishing you an easy transfer with a BFP ending!

First - breathe… :slight_smile:
With our first cycle we transferred two and ended with a chemical pregnancy (our Beta numbers were not doubling)

The transfer did not hurt at all - other than being uncomfortable from the full bladder, it’s very easy. The room was absolutely freezing they had to keep putting warm blankets on me - told me what they were doing every step of the way while the nurse was rubbing my arm to comfort me.

I would say I was in the room for a total of 15 minutes (from walking in to walking out) transfer was quick.

I was very nervous before the transfer for the following reason - we had our embies tested to see which ones were normal and had not received the information until it was time to go in for the transfer. After the transfer I just kept telling myself it is in God’s hands now and there is nothing I can do at this point.

Words of wisdom/advise - take deep breathes. This whole process causes so many emotions and takes a toll on your body. Like some of the other ladies stated, your count is fantastic! OH and the other thing I would suggest - I did this time around (will be 21 weeks Sunday) is take the following day off to just relax!

Sending tons of :bsv: your way and wishing you the best of luck for your transfer tomorrow!:grouphug:

Just wanted to wish you luck and say that your odds do sound good. As far as anyone not having a successful cycle with two blast transfered… there are a lot of us who have had failed cycles with blast. But there are also lots of people who have success on their first try. So, you never know what is going to happen, but I can honestly say, all of this will be worth it in the end!

As for the chemical pregnancy, it is just a pregnancy that is lost very early on before the first ultrasound (typically before about 6 weeks). The pregnancy has been varified chemically (through blood test), but not through the ultrasound yet.

Good luck to you!

Good Luck!

Hope all goes well today at your transfer! I’m sure it will be a piece of cake for you. Now you get to enjoy the torturous 2ww. Yay! :wink:

Thanks everyone for your supporting , considerate and compassionate comments. You have really made me feel so much better. I’m still anxious , however I am getting excited. I feel so grateful and blessed to have this opportunity.

I got up this morning and put on my cutest but most comfortable outfit in a great mood! Took a long shower …and just prayed.

I am so very thankful for those who just take a few minutes out and take the time to leave and encouraging comment…ugh…tears I know all you ladies understand , have been through this…the emotions , all the pills and SHOTS and RE visits , ultrasounds, days of missed work…ugh I can go on, but we all have been there are we are currently there are maybe in a few weeks or months…WE KNOW! OH yeah and most of all the expensive cost of IVF and meds we all have something in common that we all want …which
is a healthy baby.

Thanks again so much I pray that all of us have strong healthy babies…ill update you guys and let you all know how things went.

LADIES I’M IN THE CAR…& ON MY WAY!!!:woohoo:

Let us know how it went!!

My transfer went awesome!!! My RE said I had 2 beautiful Blast that were transfered…it was not painful at all. I have an excellent RE and nurse and the Best DH for support.

My husband and I then went to pick up some snow crabs and crab. Cakes…and on my way home to relax.

I don’t think I can early test I’m just not that brave…or. should I wait about 6 days and test…

Oh and my bladder was full but I actually used the bathroom this morning and continued to sip until time of transfer so I wasnt extremly uncomfortable because I didn’t go to my RE office in and start drinking water. My bladder was actually too full and I was allowed to empty it a little and then I really felt better. But I have not stop peeing after that…lol

1st Beta 4/15/13 b4 DH Birthday!:woohoo:

[QUOTE=kaydreambaby]My transfer went awesome!!! My RE said I had 2 beautiful Blast that were transfered…it was not painful at all. I have an excellent RE and nurse and the Best DH for support.

My husband and I then went to pick up some snow crabs and crab. Cakes…and on my way home to relax.

I don’t think I can early test I’m just not that brave…or. should I wait about 6 days and test…

Oh and my bladder was full but I actually used the bathroom this morning and continued to sip until time of transfer so I wasnt extremly uncomfortable because I didn’t go to my RE office in and start drinking water. My bladder was actually too full and I was allowed to empty it a little and then I really felt better. But I have not stop peeing after that…lol

1st Beta 4/15/13 b4 DH Birthday!:woohoo:[/QUOTE]

Good luck, and keep us informed!

[quote=kaydreambaby]My transfer went awesome!!! My RE said I had 2 beautiful Blast that were transfered…it was not painful at all. I have an excellent RE and nurse and the Best DH for support.

1st Beta 4/15/13 b4 DH Birthday!:woohoo:[/quote]

YAY! So glad you made it through without any problems or a lot of anxiety! It’s definitely not bad at all, and letting a little of your urine out helps.

Now you get to sit back and “enjoy” the rest of the ride. Wishing you tons of positive vibes and prayers! Let us know how things go or if you need more support. :cheer:

@Montana88

Thanks so much…I am now just trying to think positive and be very hopeful I can’t actually believe I’m in the 2ww. I’m also scared to testi was just going to wait until my 1st BETA…UGH…I dunno:pray: