Polypectomy and time to IUI

Hello! My husband and I had our first meeting with our RE earlier this month and given my low AMH levels, she suggested that we move forward with IUI and quickly. Prior to starting injections, she wanted to do a saline ultrasound (I had a miscarriage and D&C in September) to make sure everything looked okay. She found what she “thinks” is a polyp and I have a hysteroscopy and polypectomy scheduled for this Thursday. I’m going to ask her before my surgery on Thursday, but I’m curious if any of you have had these procedures and, if so, how long you had to wait to start your IUI cycle? I’m sure there is a conversation about this somewhere on the forums, I just can’t find it…so my apologies if this is a repeat!

Thought I’d post a reply based on our experience, in case anyone happens upon my original post with the same question! Our RE has us moving forward with IUI on my cycle immediately following the hysteroscopy, polypectomy, and what turned out to also include the removal of a small uterine septum. I was put on birth control pills for the surgery and because my doctor knows when I will stop them, I already have my baseline ultrasound and blood work scheduled for April 8th. Injections and IUI (hopefully!) to follow. Good luck and :babydust: to all!

Glad to hear you can move forward right away!

I didn’t see your post before or I would have answered with my experience (we did IUI the next cycle - no waiting).

Good luck!