Poor Quality Embryo turn out to be a BFP?

Hello Everyone,
Even though I do not post much, I am finding much hope in reading your posts. My DH and I decided to do eSET last Thursday 12/8. We had 3 frozen embryos left, and one survived the thaw (other 2 didn’t make it). I wasn’t sure about the quality of the one transferred so I called the RE’s office yesterday. The nurse basically told me that the embryo transferred was of “poor quality and not to get my hopes up”. She expressed that the embryo wasn’t “growing as rapidly as how they would have expected”.
I’m feeling bummed as this was our last attempt.
My question is has anyone ever experienced a poor quality embryo resulting in a pregnancy? at this point, I want to stop all meds, and not even go in for bloodwork. The nurse advised me to continue as directed because “one never knows”. I took a hpt this morning at 5dp5dt, and it was negative. I really do not believe this worked, and am trying to accept it.
Any similar experiences would be helpful. Thank you!

It’s always possible, a friend of mine had the same experience - eSET with a poor quality embryo - and had a healthy little boy. 5dpt is really early too! It’s good to have realistic expectations, but you don’t need to give up hope yet. Hang in there!

Thank you BackRow for the encouraging story. I pray for the same outcome as your friend. I see that your DH was diagnosed with MF in 2004…but is normal now. What was done to improve it? I would love to learn more about it. Our issue is MF, and I have always wondered if it can improve over time.

Sometimes ugly embies make the most beautiful babies! Please dont give up hope. It aint over till its over!!!

I transferred one embryo that was only 6 cells and 20% fragmented. She is now a healthy 7 month blessing. I was in somewhat of a same situation as you. I didn’t know if I was going to have my transfer on day 3 until 20 minutes before. When I found out the quality of my embryo I did not think it was going to work. I only went through the motions of doing the meds afterwards because of my insurance possibly not paying if I did not follow my RE orders. So glad I did follow orders.

Hang in there. 5 days is still soon for testing. Sending you lots of prayers.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?? haha) we didn’t do a thing. I couldn’t believe it when we got the SA results!

Thank you for the encouraging stories! I will go through the motions of taking the meds, but I don’t want to get my hopes up. I have two beautiful boys that are 3 years old, and they are the loves of my life. At this point, I am counting my blessings!

Thank you for the prayers. In my heart, I do hope that this little embryo has found his/her home for the next 9 months, but I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment.

I too pray that God blesses you all as He has already blessed me.:pray:

Happy Holidays!

Embryo quality is very subjective. What one embryologist says is good, another might say is avg. If one says it’s fair, another might say poor. Keep taking your medication as directed because you never know!

Thank you! I did speak to the nurse again, and she said it was a blastocyst, but didn’t know that exact grade. So at this point, I’m leaving it in God’s hands!

BabiesAreCute- wishing you a very healthy remainder of your pregnancy (you’re almost there!)…God bless you and your family! Boys are lots of fun!!