My DH has 7 Mill and bad morph and bad motility… seems like these are the questions that were asked the most by urologists, primary care physicians, RE’s, etc to the men…
- Were you sick? (Your DH was!!!)
- Did you have trauma to that area?
- What kind of underwear do you wear? (That one is usually #1)
- Are you on any supplements?
- Do you put your laptop on your lap EVER?
- Do you ever put your cell phone on your lap or between your legs …even when you are just driving?
- Do you ever have your cell phone in your pocket of you pants (Cleveland Clinic did a study looking at this)
- Do you take really hot showers, baths or ever go into a hot tub? This is BAD!
- Were you ever checked out for a vericole which from what I understand is a varicose vein in the testicle area … I heard that it will heat up the testicles with the extra blood flow and cook the sperm. I could be wrong but it makes sense.
New sperm grow every 3 months so if you make changes now and get retested in 3 months you may see a difference. My guess is that the urologist will look for the vericole during an exam, order blood work to make sure his testosterone is normal and other hormones are normal, talk to him about the above stuff plus stuff I maybe don’t even know about LOL and order another SA in 3 months. Keep in mind that there is a surgical procedure to fix the varicose vein in the testicle area but the clinical studies that I have read have shown no increase in fertility after the surgery.
And just remember… It only takes 1 sperm! You may need to do IVF with ICSI like me one day where a scientist will search the sperm, find a winner and inject it into the egg. That way he knows it is healthy and not misshapen etc.
Getting preggers naturally… I know with IUI and washed sperm they need a few million… The number I think was over 2. So, wow… so not what you want to hear but the chances with 2 million are super low. We had 10 million at one point and my RE wanted to go straight to IVF because the chances were so low. And remember… morphology and motility need to be good. If the sperm cant swim or it is missing a tail or a head, or is shaped weird even if it does get to the egg it won’t work. Hope this helps! Write back if you need anything
One last thing… My acupuncturist put my husband on something called “Vital Essence” which is a chinese herb that is supposed to help sperm production. Also, make sure he is on a GOOD vitamin and I would search the web… I have heard of Vitamin E and some other crazy things possibly help with sperm count.