Post robotic myomectomy then IVF

Hi!

I just had robotic myomectomy this month and plan to have IVF after. Has anyone had this procedure and how soon we’re you able to safely start IVF?

Any response will be appreciated.

I didn’t have robotic myomectomy but rather a laparotomy myomectomy with a 2 inch abdominal incision on March 19th and will start stims for IVF on Sunday so about 10 weeks. My RE said some doctors are very conservative and make patients wait 6 months but he thought 8-12 weeks was good, especially at my age, 38.

Thanks hlaine.
We have decided to start IVF in July but having doubts on it being too soon. I have endo and we are on the same age. My RE suggests to be done as soon as possible.
Thanks again for your reply and keep me posted on your success.

Ladies, I am totally inexperienced when it comes to myoms and fibroids…how did you discover you have those? THrough the regular ultrasound or…?

THanks a lot
and good luck to us all:cross:

Hi cosmo!

My fibroid/myoma was seen on regular ultrasound. It was there since my FET and #2 IVF both ended :bfn: . This time it was so big that it distorts the shape of my uterus so it has to be removed.

Good luck to you.

Sorry to bother you with another question: did the dr. Notice the fibroid before he did the transfer (those that ended in -)? If yes, why did he opt for the transfer at all??

Thanks and all the best!

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]Sorry to bother you with another question: did the dr. Notice the fibroid before he did the transfer (those that ended in -)? If yes, why did he opt for the transfer at all??

Thanks and all the best![/QUOTE]

My RE noticed the fibroids on the very first u/s I had done. We did 2 IUIs but when I decided to switch to IVF he said they needed to come out in order to optimize everything.

Hi Ladies, I had a myomectomy in January. It was a laparotomy also. This was actually my second one. The doctor told me I had to wait at least 3 month before ttc. I just started my first cycle of IVF this month. My ER will be Wed or Thurs. I knew I had the fibroids for a long time because they were so large the doctor could tell with just an exam but RE ordered an MRI before I started cycle. Unfortunately I still have one large fibroid they couldn’t remove that is behind my uterus and its pushing my uterus up. So I’m not sure what my chances are for a BFP, but I’m still holding out some hope.

Wish all you ladies the best!

Cosmo - yup my RE noticed the myoma/fibroid even before the ET. He/We opted to continue because at that time it was not big enough to cause any issues.

hlaine - how’s the stims going? Wish you all the best.

Jolie - good luck on your ER today!
I had laparotomy too with my first myoma and I had to rest for 6 months before start ttc again, mainly also because I was on treatment for my endo. First try was IUI with injectable s which resulted in :bfn: . 2 months after we tried our 1st IVF which resulted to our beautiful DD. :woohoo:

Good luck and :babydust: to us.

I had robotic myomectomy, and my RE wanted me to heal 6 months before a cycle of IVF.

[QUOTE=AmysMom]I had robotic myomectomy, and my RE wanted me to heal 6 months before a cycle of IVF.[/QUOTE]

Hi AmysMom! Wow, that made me doubt on my schedule.
My RE suggests only 1 month of gap after robotic myomectomy and IVF,also since I have endo he wants it sooner. How big was your myoma?

Hi ladies! I thought I would join this thread since I have been dealing with fibroids and infertility for quite some time now.

For me, having fibroids completely changed my lifestyle. My periods were so heavy and the cramps were so bad that I missed work & family parties often!

Anyway, I had several small fibroids removed (abdominal myomectomy) in 2006 and just last Sept had 25 of them removed (again by abdominal myomectomy). The icing on the cake was that I was also diagnosed with adenomyosis! I thought for sure I was going to have issues getting pregnant (and staying pregnant for that matter!!)

I had another minor surgery this past March to remove adhesions left from the previous surgery and got the go-ahead to begin an IVF cycle the very next period (April). My doctor put me on the long 4.5 week (Lupron) cycle instead of the traditional cycle.

To make a long story short, I had by first beta yesterday and it came in over 600!!! I was in complete shock. I even asked the nurse if she was sure she was looking at the right medical file. After that, I bought a HPT and sure enough it was a BFP!

Although the road may seem really crappy at times, don’t lose hope and let things take their course…sometimes you can’t rush an outcome you’re hoping for.

[QUOTE=PD-0501]Hi ladies! I thought I would join this thread since I have been dealing with fibroids and infertility for quite some time now.

For me, having fibroids completely changed my lifestyle. My periods were so heavy and the cramps were so bad that I missed work & family parties often!

Anyway, I had several small fibroids removed (abdominal myomectomy) in 2006 and just last Sept had 25 of them removed (again by abdominal myomectomy). The icing on the cake was that I was also diagnosed with adenomyosis! I thought for sure I was going to have issues getting pregnant (and staying pregnant for that matter!!)

I had another minor surgery this past March to remove adhesions left from the previous surgery and got the go-ahead to begin an IVF cycle the very next period (April). My doctor put me on the long 4.5 week (Lupron) cycle instead of the traditional cycle.

To make a long story short, I had by first beta yesterday and it came in over 600!!! I was in complete shock. I even asked the nurse if she was sure she was looking at the right medical file. After that, I bought a HPT and sure enough it was a BFP!

Although the road may seem really crappy at times, don’t lose hope and let things take their course…sometimes you can’t rush an outcome you’re hoping for.[/QUOTE]

That is AWESOME!!! I’m so happy for you!!!

[QUOTE=PD-0501]Hi ladies! I thought I would join this thread since I have been dealing with fibroids and infertility for quite some time now.

Although the road may seem really crappy at times, don’t lose hope and let things take their course…sometimes you can’t rush an outcome you’re hoping for.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That is so amazing! Thanks for giving me hope.
Congratulations on you :bfp: and may you have a safe and healthy pregnancy. Keep us posted.:clap:

Congrats on your :bfp: !! That does give me some hope.

I had my ER on Wed. They got 10 eggs from my right ovary but couldn’t get to the left because of my fibroid. I found out today they’re not going to do a transfer. My RE wants to see if he can do another surgery to remove the fibroid first. If not they’ll do a frozen transfer. I’m not too thrilled about the possibility if another surgery.

[B][/B][QUOTE=Jolie]Congrats on your :bfp: !! That does give me some hope.

I had my ER on Wed. They got 10 eggs from my right ovary but couldn’t get to the left because of my fibroid. I found out today they’re not going to do a transfer. My RE wants to see if he can do another surgery to remove the fibroid first. If not they’ll do a frozen transfer. I’m not too thrilled about the possibility if another surgery.[/QUOTE]

I so sorry Jolie that you have to wait. And i know the sound of another surgery scares me too! But I think that would be best in your case since your fibroid is big enough that the RE could not get to your left ovary. Congrats on the 10 eggies! :clap:
Keep us posted!

Thanks Zozo - now I just have to wait to see what the doctor decides about the surgery. I hope to hear something soon. I do know I still have 7 embryos. They’ll freeze the ones that make it to day 5.

Myomectomy

I had an open abdominal myomectomy mid January to remove 11 fibroids. My RE and the RE that removed the fibroids told me I had to wait 3 months before we try again.

I also strongly think that the fibroids interfered with my FET’s, even though I was told several times by various RE’s at the clinic I go to that the fibroids weren’t an issue. So who knows for sure? sigh