Pregnancy Loss Question

[quote=Kris79]

NurseNancy - I think the IVF/IUI question really comes down to how much male factor you’re dealing with, I guess. The thing is, you got pregnant with IUI so I’m not sure why they say it’s a waste of your money. It took us 8 IUIs to get pregnant this time (5 BFNs, 2 m/c, 1 so far successful BFP). It took us 5 IUIs to get pregnant with our son. Granted, this would have been my last IUI but I’m not a complete believer in the 3 IUIs then move to IVF school of thought, especially if you can’t afford that move to IVF and you have achieved pregnancy with IUI. I realize you’re using injectables so the cost is high for your IUIs but my RE felt that it would be worth one more try with the formula that got us a BFP before moving on to IVF and I was glad we tried one more time as we will save a ton of money, if this one sticks. I’m not meaning to second-guess your doctor as he/she’s more aware of the fertility issues you’re dealing with but I guess I keep thinking that you got pregnant with IUI so why not try it once more if it’s that or nothing or wait a year to save money for it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.[/quote]

After thinking about it all day, I agree with you. We have very little male factor-I am the problem. We had that first horrid SA on our first IUI. We still are unsure what was up with that-but it hasn’t happened again.
I think I will try another IUI as soon as my folate is high enough. It will be sometime in February. I am trying to not think about how we just “wasted” 4 months.
To make matters worse, my DH just quit his job. Looooong story…but it just adds to the enormous amount of stress this infertility thing is.

[FONT=Calibri]NurseNancy – Chin up and Smile. Your response sounds like my DH talking. He has a bad habit of saying “we just wasted two years.” Your struggles for the past 4 months have brought you to this realization. You “can” get PG; It’s just a matter of “when”. I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope your next treatment cycle brings you a true BFP that is meant to stay. I’m sorry to hear about your DH quitting his job hopefully he finds another to replace it. Stay hopeful and positive. :grouphug: [/FONT]

Hi Ladies,

Wanted to update you on my appointment this morning. My HCG level is still up around 130 so not too high but still enough to require some action.
My RE recommended doing a “biopsy” which will most likely remove the rest of the tissue. It’s not a full D & C because my levels are so low.
If that doesn’t work then I’ll most likely have to do the Methotrexate shot…I told her I don’t want to do it but it doesn’t look like there is any other option. She said if I had the shot I could try after a month or two but would have to sign some release…
I am hoping this biopsy will take care of it! I am scheduled to have it done on Friday.

We shall see!

MJS - I hope that does the trick!:cross: Will you have to have a HCG level drawn a few days after? It’s possible it might drop to zero with the biopsy. Good luck!

AFM, my levels are still rising. I got a second shot yesterday and may have a third Friday. Hopefully they start to drop:pray: . For some odd reason I’m not too anxious or worried. Guess it’s better to relax and let nature take it’s course? It’s something that is out of my control therefore why stress?

Hey there. Been following your journeys and praying for you all.

DH and I went to re today for the chromosomal studies from the D&C. Looks like trisomy 22. It was a boy. I took it hard and so did mt dh.

Re said we have 2 options. First is try IUI again. Second, IVF and genetic testing on the embryos prior to implantation to eliminate embryos with any issues. I just don’t know if I could handle another mc after IUI. I do understand it could happen with IVF and genetic testing, but we have a better chance with ivf. We do know it’s expensive and more involved. We have a packet of materials to review.

Re wants to wait to start anything until I have two :af: after the d&c First hasn’t started yet.

So much to think about. Giving it to God for sure.

[QUOTE=Webelieveinmiracles]MJS - I hope that does the trick!:cross: Will you have to have a HCG level drawn a few days after? It’s possible it might drop to zero with the biopsy. Good luck!

AFM, my levels are still rising. I got a second shot yesterday and may have a third Friday. Hopefully they start to drop:pray: . For some odd reason I’m not too anxious or worried. Guess it’s better to relax and let nature take it’s course? It’s something that is out of my control therefore why stress?[/QUOTE]

Hi, I had b/w this morning to check my levels one more time before the biopsy…I’m scheduled to have it tomorrow. I’m hoping that the HCG level has dropped and there is no need…but I’m not optimistic. RE said it is an 80% chance my level will drop to zero after the biopsy.

Just waiting for the call…story of my life!

Looks like :af: is here since I started bleeding this morning. I called my RE’s office and they want to see me tomorrow.

We shall see where this takes me.

Here’s hoping I can jump right back into trying again.

Just read everybody’s updates. Wanted to let you all know I am thinking about each of you.

Webelieve-I will try to keep my head up and, like Pink said, “give it to God”. Its hard. From the day got my BFP I prayed for the safety and health of my baby. Hmmm didn’t really work. I KNOW in my heart if it all His plan, but its just a hard pill to swallow.

MJS-I hope your biopsy drops your HCG to 0.

[QUOTE=NurseNancy]Just read everybody’s updates. Wanted to let you all know I am thinking about each of you.

Webelieve-I will try to keep my head up and, like Pink said, “give it to God”. Its hard. From the day got my BFP I prayed for the safety and health of my baby. Hmmm didn’t really work. I KNOW in my heart if it all His plan, but its just a hard pill to swallow.

MJS-I hope your biopsy drops your HCG to 0.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nancy. I just got back from the procedure and it really sucked. I had some bleeding which I guess is normal. They were able to get some tissue which they will send to find out if it has preg. tissue in it. If that happens then they know they removed it. I have an HCG test on Monday. I really hope this is it and I can move on. It was definitely more emotional than I thought it would be and the cramps really sucked.

I’m glad it is over and I can relax at home for the rest of the day. I told my boss I was working from home.

I really appreciate the support and it’s good to know I’m not alone out there. My DH is there for me but sometimes it is hard for him to understand.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday and this weekend will be relaxing! I definitely need some heavy drinks! :slight_smile:

MJS – I’m sorry your procedure wasn’t as pleasant as you thought it would be. But on the positive side I hope this helped you get your levels to zero. Rest up and try to take it easy. A nice strong cocktail sounds yummy. Chin up, I hope your able to TTC again soon.

AFM, I started spotting yesterday. (TMI) It started out as a gushing bleed but then turned out to be periotic spotting. Does this mean the MTX is working? I had a blood draw this morning and I’m praying I don’t have to get a third shot. The second shot really hit my immune system hard. I’m glad my energy came back today. I was feeling awful yesterday and everyone at work was wondering what was wrong.

[quote=Webelieveinmiracles]

AFM, I started spotting yesterday. (TMI) It started out as a gushing bleed but then turned out to be periotic spotting. Does this mean the MTX is working? I had a blood draw this morning and I’m praying I don’t have to get a third shot. .[/quote]

I hope it means its working! All it did for me was make me sleepy and I felt hungry all the time! (still do…I’ve gained 10 lbs since this whole saga started…grrrr)

MJS-Sorry your procedure was difficult. I had my D&C under a MAC anesthesia and it went great. My MD offered to do it in her office with some oral Norco and a bite stick (NOT kidding!) and I passed. I hope this starts you on the road to new possibilities. I hope that for all of us!

Hi everyone, do you mind me joining your group.

I got my BFP on NEw Years Day and confirmed this monday that it was a Chemical PRegnancy.

It’s been and I feel alone and just out of place lately. People don’t seem to get how this is affecting me and they play it as if it didn’t count or as if it wasn’t a big deal.

Today I went to my RE since AF showed her ugly face and was hoping to jump right back into trying but I have a HUGE cyst and can’t do that.

The entire day has been so emotional for me. I just lost it when I walked out of their office and cried my eyes out in the parking lot.

This is not my first loss but I’m having a really hard time with it.

Tomekwa – Yes, you can join the group of devastated women! (SIGH) I’m truly sorry you ended up with a Chemical PG, they are never any fun, and only get our hopes up for a short time. What is your RE going to give you to get rid of the Cyst? Or do you have to ride it out naturally until next cycle? I’ve never experienced a cyst at a baseline u/s. No experience there.

AFM, the nurse called and my HCG is 1353. They deceased dramatically since the second MTX injection. My regular nurse was in a meeting and is supposed to call me back to verify if I need to come in for another shot. I’m praying I don’t but the nurse on the phone said I probably would. Grr!

[quote=tomekwa]Hi everyone, do you mind me joining your group.

I got my BFP on NEw Years Day and confirmed this monday that it was a Chemical PRegnancy.

It’s been and I feel alone and just out of place lately. People don’t seem to get how this is affecting me and they play it as if it didn’t count or as if it wasn’t a big deal.

Today I went to my RE since AF showed her ugly face and was hoping to jump right back into trying but I have a HUGE cyst and can’t do that.

The entire day has been so emotional for me. I just lost it when I walked out of their office and cried my eyes out in the parking lot.

This is not my first loss but I’m having a really hard time with it.[/quote]

Of course!
I am so sorry this happened to you! It DOES count! If it hurts you, then you deserve to grieve. I had a few comments from coworkers along the same lines ("Oh, most women lose their first"and “Just wait until you are pregnant and you’ll wish you weren’t”-are you JOKING?!).
Try to keep your head up and stay positive. I know it is hard. I was really angry at God for a while. Its getting better, but I truly feel like I lost a child-even though there never was a heartbeat, it doesn’t seem any less real to me. :grouphug:

[quote=Webelieveinmiracles]Tomekwa – Yes, you can join the group of devastated women! (SIGH) I’m truly sorry you ended up with a Chemical PG, they are never any fun, and only get our hopes up for a short time. What is your RE going to give you to get rid of the Cyst? Or do you have to ride it out naturally until next cycle? I’ve never experienced a cyst at a baseline u/s. No experience there.

AFM, the nurse called and my HCG is 1353. They deceased dramatically since the second MTX injection. My regular nurse was in a meeting and is supposed to call me back to verify if I need to come in for another shot. I’m praying I don’t but the nurse on the phone said I probably would. Grr![/quote]

So sorry you probably needs another shot (each dose for me were two-one in each butt cheek-is that how yours are?).
But very glad your HCG dropped!!! Yeah! That means you are on the road to moving on!
:grouphug:

Yes, I need a third shot. Dr said I possibly could be fine without it bc would rather me get a third shot and be safe. It is 100mg injection in the butt cheek. Hopefully I’ll be near zero next week! That’s my wish!!:cheer:

I got the call this morning that my HCG is below 5 and in the negative and they are “happy” with that.

AF is full on here and I’m having these passive clots. Sorry for the TMI. The pain is there for sure and I would say it’s just a very strong period…I always have long, painful ones…definitely one of the most painful ones I’ve had.

I’ve opted to go on birth control because of my cyst instead of not being on it and risking it not going away.

Now all I have to do is hope that I can plan to start again AND take these work trips that are coming up soon.

[quote=tomekwa]I got the call this morning that my HCG is below 5 and in the negative and they are “happy” with that.

AF is full on here and I’m having these passive clots. Sorry for the TMI. The pain is there for sure and I would say it’s just a very strong period…I always have long, painful ones…definitely one of the most painful ones I’ve had.

I’ve opted to go on birth control because of my cyst instead of not being on it and risking it not going away.

Now all I have to do is hope that I can plan to start again AND take these work trips that are coming up soon.[/quote]

Glad you are “negative” (I know, I found it so weird how HAPPY I was when I was finally UNpregnant). I hope your cysts disappear and you will be on your way to another BFP!

It is a very strange feeling being “happy” for such a terrible thing for us to go through.

On Saturday it looked like AF had slowed down and it wasn’t so bad. I decided to use a “smaller” pad since I was using those over night ones in fear of what would come.

This has never happened to me before so I didn’t know what to expect. I woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday feeling super cold…that’s when I realized that I was soaked in my pants. I ran to the bathroom and my pants were just soaked. Clearly the regular size pad wasn’t enough (I’m not sure that the overnight ones would have been either). I had to wake DH up in fear that I wouldn’t stop bleeding and because of the gigantic size clots I was having.

We laid there and I realized that I was ok. I was pretty scared there for a while. I had never had this much of a blood loss.

I’m sorry if this is too much information. I just thought that it might be something that anyone going through this might need to know.

[FONT=Calibri]Tomekwa – How are you doing today? Did your RE tell you how long you will be on BC? Will you have a u/s soon to view the progress? Due to the fact that you’re normal cycles are long and painful I would assume the cyst caused a little more pain? I don’t think it was due to the Chemical PG bc your levels stayed pretty low. (But I could be wrong.) Do you have endometriosis or fibroids? Sometimes those issues can cause long/painful periods. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]MJS – How are you feeling? If you don’t mind me asking, what were the results of your HCG yesterday? Also, when will the results from your biopsy be available? Will you be starting your next IUI cycle (FEB)?[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]NurseNacy – How many mg are you taking of Folic Acid to increase your folate levels? Are you taking any other supplements? Will you have blood work soon to verify if they are in the “normal range”? [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]AFM, I’m hanging out waiting for my HCG levels to drop to zero. RE said it should be 10 days maybe sooner. I’m praying for a few days sooner. [/FONT]