Pregnant after IUI with OHSS

I had an IUI few days ago. 9 days later I experienced severe bloating due to OHSS. My ovary was 6 cm x 6 cm. I did get preg in the cycle. That triggered OHSS.

Am still suffering from OHSS at 5 weeks 4 days.

Has anyone gone through this?

Pls link my post to the correct section if am writing in a wrong section

[quote=honeyflower]I had an IUI few days ago. 9 days later I experienced severe bloating due to OHSS. My ovary was 6 cm x 6 cm. I did get preg in the cycle. That triggered OHSS.

Am still suffering from OHSS at 5 weeks 4 days.

Has anyone gone through this?

Pls link my post to the correct section if am writing in a wrong section[/quote]

Congrats- I haven’t had this but I know a girl who did and the HCG makes it worse. I think she was still suffering well into week 8-9. I know everytime I went in they kept saying my ovaries were still swollen so take it easy.

Try to drink a lot of gatorade and decrease your salt which helps.

Good luck and congrats again.

congrats on your pregnancy:clap: I know what you are going thru I suffered from ohss in october. My RE had me drink lots of Gatorade to help with the bloating. It took two weeks for the bloating to go down but my ovaries are still enlarged. I was told it could last thru the first trimester luckily my pain and bloating only lasted a few weeks. The best news is your pregnant and it will be worth all the pain and bloating in the end. I wish you the best of luck.

I was told the same. Drink tons of gatorade, and be on a bland diet like with rice, white breads, bananas etc.

It will let up soon. I know its miserable but the second mine came back I knew I was pregnant so I was kind of happy! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the responses.

In my case, the doctor didnt asked me to take gatorade. Just water. I drink about 2 liters water everyday. Swelling has gone down a lot. There is still a little Doc said it will take 3 months for ovaries to return to its normal size. To be honest, he didnt take my OHSS seriuosly at all.

However, I have some update with regards to my preg. Yesterday we wnet for a 6 week scan and saw tow sacs. Both had a heartbeat and were seperate from each other. This kind of has made me forget OHSS and start worrying about other things.

Worry because i had a 3 trim loss earlier.

Am kind of happy but more worried at the moment.

hi

C:welcome: Congrate dear

Thank you dr. Anjali