Pregnant...but low hcg levels..thoughts?

Hi -

So last week I got great news. I found out I was pregnant for the first time in 2 years of trying. The past week has a bit nerve racking though cause my HCG levels have been on the low side. But my progestrene level has been great

On Dec 3 - 16
On Dec 5 - 40
On Dec 7- 89

The good news is that my levels are doubling every day, which is great and what the Dr wants to see. I still have to be cautious goes the level is lower than it needs to be.

I was wondering if anyone has had low hcg levels and has had a healthy pregnancy ? Should I be concerned?

Thoughts?

As long as your levels are doubling, it looks like everything should be fine…It doesn’t matter how low the numbers are as long as they are doubling! Hope it all works out for you!!

I was 16 dpo yesterday and my beta was 81…I’m very concerned…I am retesting tomorrow to see if it doubles…Any one else with similar numbers?

Hi ladies, I started out low and slow. I saw the baby’s heartbeat last Wed!!! Look at my signature for my levels. Also, this is another forum I have posted on: http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/2020196090-low-beta-possible-late-implantation.html

GOOD LUCK. Please post back and let me know how you are both doing.

Well MrsS, that definitely gives me hope and makes me feel better…I go today for 2nd beta and won’t get results until in the morning, but your 2nd beta was 16 days past transfer and that’s when my first beta was (actually 16 days past conception) and your 2nd beta is almost identical to mine…I will keep you guys posted when I find out tommorrow…so nervous!!

Agarcia, hang in there. sorry you have to wait until tomorrow! I was spoiled with a lab in my facility that I got results within a few hours. If it makes you feel better I had an awesome u/s today, I will be 8 weeks along tomorrow and I graduated from my clinic to my ob. HOORAY!! I will be checking back tomorrow for your results.

congratulations

Hi Rosie
congrats on your news and figures doubling, i found out im 6 weeks and my Hcg has only increased by 60% and im really worried i got referred to infertility before falling pregnant and pray to god this foetus will grow in to a strong baby, at least your figures are high and the DR sounded positive, my nurse said “they have only increased about 60%” and sounded negative!!!
Hope yours is ok xxx

[quote=sarlou03]Hi Rosie
congrats on your news and figures doubling, i found out im 6 weeks and my Hcg has only increased by 60% and im really worried i got referred to infertility before falling pregnant and pray to god this foetus will grow in to a strong baby, at least your figures are high and the DR sounded positive, my nurse said “they have only increased about 60%” and sounded negative!!!
Hope yours is ok xxx[/quote]

sarl, look at my BETA stats. I was told “it doesn’t look good” after my 2nd BETA (which was done 4 days after my first and still hadn’t doubled from the first) and I will be 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I saw the heartbeat for the second time today!! It could really turn out to be ok. I had bad cramps the day before my 3rd BETA, I swore I was losing the baby, well he or she must’ve been settling in because my number more than doubled for the 3rd test.

Doc opens at 8:30 for me to get my results…couldn’t sleep last night…very crampy and it takes turn going from left side to right side…I just don’t have a good feeling, but really trying to stay positive…I will let you know as soon as I find out…

So after the loooooooooooongest run around today, my results are in…Beta up to 124…Only a 60% increase though so doc said do not be hopeful and do not be disappointed…He said it could go either way. I am going back Monday to be re-tested…wish me luck guys!

I am pulling for you Agarcia. I really, really want this to work for you!!! Maybe you’ll get some cramping like I did and the numbers will start to double for you!!! Sorry you have to wait AGAIN. :grr:

The bright side is that you’re still in the game!!! :cross:

If you need to talk I’m here.

[quote=MrsS]I am pulling for you Agarcia. I really, really want this to work for you!!! Maybe you’ll get some cramping like I did and the numbers will start to double for you!!! Sorry you have to wait AGAIN. :grr:

The bright side is that you’re still in the game!!! :cross:

If you need to talk I’m here.[/quote]

Thank you so much! Yes, I’m still in the game…and that’s a good thing :slight_smile: I am trying to stay positive! I have had cramping, but it’s kinda subsided…just a little pain in my right side that makes me nervous…I am just trying not to stress! For the most part I actually feel completely normal which is scarey too…but I am really really early so we’ll see…Thanks for your support

Heyyyyy…how you guys hcg levels are doing??? I’ve been reading you guys post and vie been wishing everone a safe pregnancy :wink:

I am 11w2d. Baby looks good. I am two small sub chorionic hematomas (placenta tears) that has me on bed rest for a few weeks but the ob expects it will not affect my pregnancy.

I looked up Rosie Girl and Agarcia. If you click on their name you can choose to look at all posts by them for updates. Agarcia I think is on a September thread, looks like all is well. Rosie Girl had the same thing I have as on 1/5, she was on bed rest. I don’t see an update any where since then.

How are you?

I have been searching for this forum like forever. You guys are my true inspiration. I have been driving my self insane researching HCG levels. Were anyone of you given additional meds or do anything to help with doubling. I go for my 4th Beta on Monday and I cannot sleep. I have been takin it easy, a little walking but I have been so gassy and constipated. :pray: Are greatly appreciated

Than you mrsS !!! I’ve been thinking of gracia too :slight_smile: …mitalife I haven’t reserch on the subject to double hcg numbers…but on my 4 weeks of pregnancy my hcg levels were 524… But I’ve seen a chart somewhere in the Internet that shows you the range of hcg levels throughout every week of pregnancy…:cross:

[QUOTE=Diorbeauty_pr]Than you mrsS !!! I’ve been thinking of gracia too :slight_smile: …mitalife I haven’t reserch on the subject to double hcg numbers…but on my 4 weeks of pregnancy my hcg levels were 524… But I’ve seen a chart somewhere in the Internet that shows you the range of hcg levels throughout every week of pregnancy…:cross:[/QUOTE]
Thank you, I have my fourth beta 2morow and praying for quadriple numbers. :pray: :pray:

Lol mita I really hope sooo too…:pray: you get urs this monday??? Please let me know :grouphug:

my Beta was at 86 on 13 dpiui, i keep seeing people with higher first Betas around the same time… is this something to worry about? i went for my second Beta today so :pray: for at least double if not more (since 3 days later)

how are all your ladies doing?

[QUOTE=MaybeThisTime1017]my Beta was at 86 on 13 dpiui, i keep seeing people with higher first Betas around the same time… is this something to worry about? i went for my second Beta today so :pray: for at least double if not more (since 3 days later)

how are all your ladies doing? [/QUOTE
congrats your :clap: :bfp: . From all the treads i have read, 86 is not bad. if your doubles than thats great, as they should 24 to 72 hours. I don’t really know if stress can cause a m/c, but my low numbers had me stresses really bad. Try not read into it, be guided by your doctor… :pray: for doubling numbers for you.

thanks Mitalife!:grouphug: i appreciate it! i got my Beta results this morning and found out they are at 357!:clap: gotta go for more tomorrow, hoping again for another double increase! :pray: :cross: