Pregnant with fraternal twins

Am currently 9weeks and 3days pregnant with fraternal twins a blessing it was he was a happy baby a weeks ago heart rate was 168 bpm i went in for a regular 1st time OB appointment there was no heartbeat on baby B but a very strong baby A he was highly energetic moving kicking and dancing but my baby b Why??? Is it my fault I miss him so much it hurts just to think about him leaving me b4 I can even see or hold him he was 8wks and 6days when he passed :wings: they called it vanishing twin syndrome aka VTS now am so scared for baby A somebody please tell me he’s gonna be ok hes very much healthy and alive kicking Dancing and moving and only at 9wks I dont wanna loose my baby I love him

Sorry you have to go through this. I have never experienced that, but I have experienced miscarriages and it is hard. We really never get the answers we hope for. I have heard of vanishing twin syndrome and think it is somewhat common. Just pray for you little baby A and I will send :babydust: your way.

Do something for baby B. With my last miscarriage we planted a tree, it might be cliche, but at least he/she will have sort of impact on the world.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how heartbroken you must be. Please know that there is absolutely nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening. Sadly VTS-vanishing twin syndrome is quite common. Many times it happens before a woman ever has her first US, so she does not know it even occurred. Those of us who have used ART get our US’s much earlier and sometimes nature just takes it course. I have a very good friend who went through the exact same thing and I want to reassure you that when this occurs so early in the pregnancy that the body is able to reabsorb the tissue with any risk to the other baby. My friend is now seven months along and doing great!

Again, I am so sorry for you and wish you all the best.

Kimmy

[QUOTE=Perseverance]Sorry you have to go through this. I have never experienced that, but I have experienced miscarriages and it is hard. We really never get the answers we hope for. I have heard of vanishing twin syndrome and think it is somewhat common. Just pray for you little baby A and I will send :babydust: your way.

Do something for baby B. With my last miscarriage we planted a tree, it might be cliche, but at least he/she will have sort of impact on the world.[/QUOTE]

Thank you ever so much i don’t know what to do this is so painful I can’t stop thinking about it I can’t stop crying thats my baby he left so early I can’t even look at his ultrasound picture it hurts so bad

Hi

Im so sorry this happened. VTS is very common.

I havent experienced it myself but I lost Baby A at 6 weeks to a ruptured ectopic (heterotopic) pregnancy. Baby B was in utero. I didnt see him/her on Ultrasound but my heart aches all the same. I dont want to say I know how you feel because I dont and our experiences are different but I just want to say I understand your pain. I feel it to. Even though you are happy for the other little one there is a constant worry in the back of your mind. Im 10 weeks tomorrow and constantly counting the days till my next ultrasound. I am so paranoid I have even bought a fetal doppler so I can keep a check on the babys heart rate!
From what I understand i dont think the worry ever leaves.

I pray you heal soon and enjoy having that little fighting bean inside you. Because my he/she is a fighter

I’m so sorry! The same thing happened to me with my last pregnancy. Allow yourself to grieve. I thought it was silly that I was so sad about the other baby when I was still pregnant with one baby. But, it’s not silly. You lost a baby. Cry, and do whatever you need to do. You didn’t do anything wrong, it is more common than you think.

[QUOTE=cleo12]Hi

Im so sorry this happened. VTS is very common.

I havent experienced it myself but I lost Baby A at 6 weeks to a ruptured ectopic (heterotopic) pregnancy. Baby B was in utero. I didnt see him/her on Ultrasound but my heart aches all the same. I dont want to say I know how you feel because I dont and our experiences are different but I just want to say I understand your pain. I feel it to. Even though you are happy for the other little one there is a constant worry in the back of your mind. Im 10 weeks tomorrow and constantly counting the days till my next ultrasound. I am so paranoid I have even bought a fetal doppler so I can keep a check on the babys heart rate!
From what I understand i dont think the worry ever leaves.

I pray you heal soon and enjoy having that little fighting bean inside you. Because my he/she is a fighter[/QUOTE]

Thank you for those beautiful words of inspiration it means so much to me that even though we’re not in the same boat you can feel my pain today I had to change my baby registry to single because it said twins on the way and I just broke down and cried I mean I know am two small for two but its still human it probably was in so much pain I seen him dance 3days before his passing it hurts I can’t even talk about it I might be over dramatic but I don’t care he left too soon also am so scared for twin aaa i cant afford to loose my little dancer even though i seen him move around dance had his little leg up and waved his arm the nurse said he was saying hi mommy and it made me cry cuz my little baby also where can I buy a baby Doppler as well and what’s the cost for a sensitive one