Prenatal Vitamins

Anyone else having issues with their prenatal vitamins? My RE told me just to make sure I was taking them and any over the counter ones were fine. I started them on CD1 this month (our first appt with the RE was the night before). That first day, 20 minutes after taking them I threw up. So I was told to take them with food. Been fine ever since. Now this morning I took it with food and out of the blue I was running into the bathroom and tossing everything up.

Anyone else have problems with them? What do you do?

:bsv:

My RE suggested to try taking them at night because they might cause bad nausea and vomiting. As long as you get them in daily, it doesn’t matter when you take them

Try taking at night after dinner and before bed. If it still doesn’t work ask your Ob for samples of different types of pnv and experiment to see which brand works best for you. Some are not as bad as others. Bol to you:)

Gummy prenatals! Oh, they’re so delicious, and easy on the stomach! They might not have as many of the good things in them as the ones from the doctor, but it doesn’t sound like those are doing you much good from inside the toilet :frowning:

I had this same issue with my other kids. Never could keep them down. This time around I found some gummy’s at CVS that I love. I chew two of them a day and it doesn’t matter when during the day. I haven’t had any issues with them.

[quote=littleitalian]Anyone else having issues with their prenatal vitamins? My RE told me just to make sure I was taking them and any over the counter ones were fine. I started them on CD1 this month (our first appt with the RE was the night before). That first day, 20 minutes after taking them I threw up. So I was told to take them with food. Been fine ever since. Now this morning I took it with food and out of the blue I was running into the bathroom and tossing everything up.

Anyone else have problems with them? What do you do?

I had tons of problems with them when I was prego with my daughter. But this time around I have not but think it is because I take them at night before I go to bed. Right now I am taking a fertility supplement instead of my prenatal and if i get :bfp: will stop fertility and start pernatal. Hope the sickness gets better

Thanks everyone! I’m going to try the gummies. I do have an iron deficiency so if I end up pregnant, they told me I’ll have to go on prescription ones. Good idea to ask for samples of different ones first. I didn’t have a problem this morning, I took them with cheerios. :wink: