Prepping for ivf- jan/feb

Hello!

Anyone else prepping to start ivf in January or February?

I just had a canceled injectable cycle and am embarking on this ivf journey. I go in on the 22nd to have b/w to see if I o’d this cycle then it’s time to start bcps and get this show on the road. :slight_smile:

I’d love to ht with others that are going through ivf. :grouphug:

[QUOTE=lemonade]Hello!

Anyone else prepping to start ivf in January or February?

I just had a canceled injectable cycle and am embarking on this ivf journey. I go in on the 22nd to have b/w to see if I o’d this cycle then it’s time to start bcps and get this show on the road. :slight_smile:

I’d love to ht with others that are going through ivf. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Hello!

I am also starting my cycle this month! It will be my IVF attempt as well. I too go in on the 22nd, but I’ll be starting lupron that day. On bcp now. YIKES!!!

Nice! What is your protocol? :slight_smile:

Hi, I am on bcp now and we will be doing ivf in January

Hi.
I am also about to start my first IVF. See my siggy - but not sure about the schedule til AF shows up.
cheers!

Hello ladies. I will be starting my first IVF cycle mid February. Im doing my b/w tomorrow. My sonogram :af: is scheduled for Dec. 28th or day 3 of :af: and starting my bcp around that time as well. I wish everyone much success and hopefully we will continue this journey together.

You can most likely count me in, too! This will be my 4th fresh IVF cycle (have also had 2 FET’s). Our last IVF ended in a MC and I basically took a year off to de-stress and get healthy. Have lost 52lbs so far.

My consult is next week. I anticipate I’ll be starting BCP with my next cycle which is around Christmas :woohoo:

Yay :cheer: looks like we have a good little group here!

This journey, I’m sure will be crazy! :slight_smile: it’s nice to chat with others who are going through the same situation! :grouphug:

Sorry for those of you that have had losses. :frowning:

DiamondRun-congrats on the weightloss. :clap: I’ve recently lost 50lbs aswell. How did you lose your weight, if you don’t mind sharing. :slight_smile:

:babydust: :babydust: To us all!

Joining in for my first and hopefully last microIVF

Dec- infectious disease testing and IVF class required; supplements and sex for fun!!
Jan- supplements and sex for fun!!
Feb- supplements ending and very early Feb CD1/2 ultrasound and mock transfer
CD3-7 Femara 12.5
CD6-?? 450 U Follistim
CD___ ultrasound and scheduled ER with ICSI followed by ET at day ____
then :pray: for my turn to see a BFP

Thanks for the thread and I look forward to chatting you ladies on here:-)

Hubby and I just finished our infectious disease blood work. Now waiting for:af: to get my sonogram and three day b/w. Ony way to the pharmacy to get bcp and prenatal vitamins.:woohoo:

passion104 - yay for the vitamins! :clap:

gbfan413 - hi there! I think we might have been on some IUI threads together in the past… I sure hope this IVF works out for all of us, I was petrified first (mostly worried about ER)…now I am just ready to get started and actually kinda excited about it…I guess those Follistim IUIs were looong time ago, lol…

lemonade & DiamondRun - congrats on the weight loss. yes, please, can you girls share how you did it?! I lost 5 lbs in last couple of months, just trying to eat smaller portions and healthier stuff…do you all excercise? How much?

kdx & BevMcMag - just wanted to say hi! I like this thread, it’s small & manageable :slight_smile:

:babydust:

AFM - put up the X-mas tree (finally!) with DH. Will have to go to buy some more lights for outside tomorrow morning, I think we will take a country ride too, just to breath in some fresh crispy December air and relax a little…otherwise I will just end up cleaning the house like a maniac, lol. Hope everyone will have a wonderful weekend! :babydust:

[QUOTE=SunshineMind]passion104 - yay for the vitamins! :clap:

gbfan413 - hi there! I think we might have been on some IUI threads together in the past… I sure hope this IVF works out for all of us, I was petrified first (mostly worried about ER)…now I am just ready to get started and actually kinda excited about it…I guess those Follistim IUIs were looong time ago, lol…

lemonade & DiamondRun - congrats on the weight loss. yes, please, can you girls share how you did it?! I lost 5 lbs in last couple of months, just trying to eat smaller portions and healthier stuff…do you all excercise? How much?

kdx & BevMcMag - just wanted to say hi! I like this thread, it’s small & manageable :slight_smile:

:babydust:

AFM - put up the X-mas tree (finally!) with DH. Will have to go to buy some more lights for outside tomorrow morning, I think we will take a country ride too, just to breath in some fresh crispy December air and relax a little…otherwise I will just end up cleaning the house like a maniac, lol. Hope everyone will have a wonderful weekend! :babydust:[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I sadly do not exercise. I just changed my way of eating. I cut out all sugar and flour. I started June 6th, had a few bumps in the road but am happy to of lost 50. :slight_smile:

For those on bcps already, what kind do ou take and how long?

:welcome: Others I haven’t greater yet!

I’m on a bc pill I’ve never heard of Reclipsen(?) and I take it for a full 30 days. We have a trip planned so I’m on it an extra week. I start Lupron 4 days before the bc pills stop.
Good luck to everyone!

I hate taking bcp pills they make me feel like I have to puke any ideas on how to make this stop

I am also waiting for my next cycle which is on Dec 28 approximately. When my cycle comes I will start taking bcp.
All work ups are done last Dec. 6 and everything went well.

Good luck and God bless us all!

Try taking the bcp after a meal to coat your stomach a bit, or if necessary, with milk.

Hi ladies, I will be starting bcp as soon as :af: arrives. I had to wait a month because last one started on 11/16 and that would line up with the Christmas when the labs will be closed. I just hope :af: arrives normally so I dont have to take provera again (i’m irregular).

Hope you don’t mind me joining you ladies. We will be doing an FET with our donor embryos in January (around the 18th sometime). The will be our first attempt towards number two.

Hoping we will be a little luckier than the we were for the first little miracle. We went through 6 cycles to get him!! But I know we are so blessed no matter what happens. Good luck to everyone!!

Lemonade and SunshineMind: Congrats Lemonade on your weight loss!!! I started my weight loss journey in July, so about 5 months ago and 52# so far. I have drastically changed the way I eat and I’ve gotten off the couch and have become active.

I exercise 6 days per week averaging about 10 hours per week. I joined the YMCA - so I’m doing elliptical, treadmill, strength training, etc. I also bought a Body Bugg which shows not only how many steps you take, but also how many calories you burn. Since I’m burning ALOT with the exercise I still get to eat alot. Averaging about 1700 calories per day and just really focusing on high protein and choosing the right carbs (darker the better such as sweet potato, brown rice, whole grain bread, oats) and completely eliminated sugar and white flour.

But all that aside - I’m excited we found each other. Let’s get some good results!!!

Brit1612- :welcome: Best of luck with your fet cycle. :cross: Sorry for your loses. :frowning:

Diamondrun- wow, good for you! :cheer: :cheer:

Ok… I have a few questions re: ivf. I’m finding myself waking up in the middle of the night quite often- freaking out about the meds, being put under, er, embryos etc… :woohoo: Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Also, what is everyone’s bmi? My re seems very fixated with bmi numbers.

Hope everyone is well!

Oh also looks like I did o from my cx cycle. :cheer: I’m having breast tenderness and mild ovarian discomfort/bloat. Can’t wait to feel normal, then get ll pumped up with meds gain. :slight_smile:

Hi Ladies,

I’d love to join your group. We hope to have our second IVF cycle in January and are praying for a successful cycle and pregnancy in 2012!

I’m beginning Lupron tomorrow. My baseline appointment will be delayed a bit due to the holiday – Tues, Jan. 3rd.

Our first IVF cycle was in Aug/Sept 2011 and was negative. During that cycle, I developed a nipple rash that has mostly resolved, but led to a cancer scare. :grr: (This was around the same time that Giuliana Rancic was diagnosed with breast cancer, so I was super anxious.) I’ve been reassured by a breast surgeon and dermatologist that it looks benign, but I’m having a recommended mammogram on Dec. 30th. If it looks good, then I’ll begin stims!

I also had a hysteroscopy earlier this month and my RE removed 2 polyps.

Best of luck to everyone! I look forward to supporting my infertility sisters!