Pridnisone while ttc- anyone?

Hello! I’m currently on cd6, taking femara cd3-7 and follistim cd7-10. I reruptured some disc in my back and my dr put me on 5 days of prednisone. He advised me that it could inhibit ovulation. The nurse at my RE’s office said it was fine to take as long as it was done prior to o, which it will be. Still just a little worried as this is my last cycle before ivf and I was really optimistic about it prior to today. Has anyone taken this while actively ttc? Any input is greatly appreciated.

It should only interfere with LH and FSH production if you were to take it in high doses all the time. Dexamethasone (a steroid like Prednisone) is commonly used during IVF cycles so I doubt it would cause any problems. I think some women with immune issues even take it during natural cycles! 5 days should be fine!

I hope you start feeling better! I had a ruptured disc in my back in July and had to get injections of pain killers just to take the edge off!

Prednisone

My RE actually prescribed prednisone for my current FET (I have an immune issue). I cant speak to the ovulation piece (since my cycle was a FET) but as far as everything else, it didnt affect my cycle adversely. This cycle worked and I’m current :bfp: and still on 20mg of prednisone a day. Good luck to you!!!

Thanks for the input ladies! :slight_smile: