Progesterone cost?

Can someone tell me what the cost of progesterone is? We have to pay it out of pocket and the doc was saying its going to be 6 doses.

I can only find things on google from 2011 where people were paying $40 per vial out of pocket but then I saw articles from 2011 where progesterone was going for $1500 per dose.

[QUOTE=IVFKen]Can someone tell me what the cost of progesterone is? We have to pay it out of pocket and the doc was saying its going to be 6 doses.

I can only find things on google from 2011 where people were paying $40 per vial out of pocket but then I saw articles from 2011 where progesterone was going for $1500 per dose.[/QUOTE]

Hey again ivfken!
A great question to ask as I am calling around for out of pocket exspenses too.

Village fertility pharmacy 877-334-1610 PIO $49.00 per vial
50milligram per ml

Success pharmacy 800-504-9441 PIO $36.90 per vial

Freedom fertility 800-660-4283 PIO $35.90 per vial
Freedom fertility includes needles and biohazard box to dispose of your needles into. I am not sure about the others.

Now if you need other progesterone such as crinone 8%gel or endometrium I have a couple of prices on those to.
I do like te service from freedom fertility. They overnight meds at no extra cost when I did my IVF a couple years ago.

This is the cost as per what my RE is going to give me. I am not sure if there are doses higher in a vial than 50.

Let me know if you need anymore info with what I mentioned here. :flower:

[QUOTE=IVFKen]Can someone tell me what the cost of progesterone is? We have to pay it out of pocket and the doc was saying its going to be 6 doses.

I can only find things on google from 2011 where people were paying $40 per vial out of pocket but then I saw articles from 2011 where progesterone was going for $1500 per dose.[/QUOTE]

Oh forgot to say that the $1500.00 price could have been during the shortage. I remember reading that there was a shortage on the pio. If your RE is prescribing 6doses and a dose is a 50milligram vial then it will cost you less than $200.00.

[QUOTE=kalika]Oh forgot to say that the $1500.00 price could have been during the shortage. I remember reading that there was a shortage on the pio. If your RE is prescribing 6doses and a dose is a 50milligram vial then it will cost you less than $200.00.[/QUOTE]

Great! Ill ask the doctor what they’re charging and if it seems crazy, ill call one of the pharmacies you mentioned. Are these places all based in the US or are they Canadian pharmacies?

Hi Kalika!

We had a doctors appointment today and spoke about the progesterone. Do you know if the progesterone is Watson brand?

Yes ivfken the progesterone is Watson. Freedom fertility shipped me my needles gauze alcohol syringes and biohazard box along with my two vials of progesterone. For $36.00 per vial you cannot go wrong along with all the necessities you cannot go wrong. Remember they overnight the meds for free too! Great pharmacy. It is my second time using them! Good luck and I hope this helps!