Progesterone vaginal inserts after IUI?

My RE told me that after 3-4 days of IUI progesterone cream will used.What are they for?
Do they help u get pregnant or prevent miscarriages ?

What are the success rates with using these…PLEASE share your experiences.

the progesterone can help prevent an early miscarriage. it comes in a variety of forms. the vaginal inserts can be messy, but the side effects are much less than when you take it orally. good luck!

i used the 200mg prometrium tablets inserted vaginally twice a day.

[quote=sami388]My RE told me that after 3-4 days of IUI progesterone cream will used.What are they for?
Do they help u get pregnant or prevent miscarriages ?

What are the success rates with using these…PLEASE share your experiences.[/quote]

I do the progesterone suppositories twice a day. It’s supposed to help you stay pregnant after the fertilized egg implants. Your ovaries should produce enough progesterone to support the pregnancy until the placenta developes fully around the 12th week, but some women don’t produce enough which can cause early miscarriage. It’s messy, but totally worth the trouble. Hope this helps!

Ask for the Crinone gel. It goes in vaginally, but you only have to do it once a day. My RE instructed to do it at night so the “messy” isn’t as bad. While you are lying down the body has more of a chance to absorb it. I didn’t notice any side effects and I’ve used it now on a successful cycle and one that wasn’t. So the “symptoms” I got with the successful one were truly pregnancy symptoms. I didn’t get any this time.