Progesterone

Hay ladies now i went to the doctor am 11weeks 3days one day behind kind of nervous since i lost twin B Due to VTS his heartrate was 143 and he wasnt wiggling the way he use to he wiggled but not alot am really nervous now the nurse said hes sleeping due to the postion he was in she kept jiggling my belly till he moved but my real question is when should i stop the progesterone i already missed last night and this morning i usually take prometruim in the morning and the suppositories at night and ill miss it tomorrow (pharmacy closed early):grr:till the afternoon should i be worried or is it ok am just asking for advice not to OVERRULE MY OB OR RE

I haven’t personally made it that far yet but I think most ladies have weaned off the progesterone by 8-10 weeks anyway. Your placenta is probably formed and working by now so I don’t think its a big deal to miss a couple doses at this point.

I stopped cold turkey at 10 weeks…per my RE. I’m now 24 weeks pregnant.

[QUOTE=hellokity36]I haven’t personally made it that far yet but I think most ladies have weaned off the progesterone by 8-10 weeks anyway. Your placenta is probably formed and working by now so I don’t think its a big deal to miss a couple doses at this point.[/QUOTE]

Well my fingers are crosse that you do:cross: and thank goodness i was so scared

[QUOTE=summerbaby]I stopped cold turkey at 10 weeks…per my RE. I’m now 24 weeks pregnant.[/QUOTE]

:clap: Wow good for you so it wnt effect the baby

I stopped cold turkey at 9 weeks and I’m now 25 weeks. Do what you feel is right for you.

I stopped cold turkey at 11 weeks, was told to stop at 8 or 9 weeks. An full term in just a few days. Good luck :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mernybird]I stopped cold turkey at 9 weeks and I’m now 25 weeks. Do what you feel is right for you.[/QUOTE]
Did your RE tell you to stop or self conscience and was your shots suppositories or capsules

[B]My only problem during pregnancy is that I don’t have increasing progesterone levels…at almost 10 weeks I stopped injections but I stopped prometerium at 16 wks just be use I had alot of refills. But I could’ve stopped much earlier. My dr told me to stop ! I was a little hesitant though! The placenta kept producing adequate progesterone levels. Everything after that went smoothly.[/B]

MY RE told me I could stop and I was having a lot of gatro intestinal upset from progesterone overload. The placenta takes over by then so he said I could stop. I was on suppositories.

[QUOTE=Mrsrodriguez10026]Did your RE tell you to stop or self conscience and was your shots suppositories or capsules[/QUOTE]

I weened myself off between weeks 9 and 11. My doc wanted me to stop cold turkey but I was too nervous so I just scaled it back for a week, then again for a few more days. I’m only 13 weeks along but so far so good.

Our clinic only had me use progesterone suppositories from the day of E/R to the day of BFP beta test. (18 days total) Not sure if that was just my particular protocol or the standard at the clinic. I am still fairly early along in my pregnancy at just 6w1d today