Prometrium question

Hey gals -

I’ve been on prometrium vaginally for the past week or so - and I didn’t do a very good job reading my doctor’s instructions for the first few days. She says to poke a hole in the pill before inserting it - but I just started doing that yesterday when I realized what I was doing wrong.

I’ve got a call in to the nurse to see if I wasted those few days - but thought I’d ping you all here, too. Anyone ever been successful using prometrium without poking the holes? Do you think it probably still melted/absorbed ok?

Thanks for your comments!
Ruth

I’ve never had to poke a hole in them, but I’ve done two different kinds of them so I’m sure some are different even than the ones I used. Good luck!

I had those and my doc never said anything about poking holes.

Thanks

Thank you both! I swore I wasn’t going to obsess this month, but you know how well that works out. :slight_smile:

You’re telling me! I’m not going to obsess this month. Really, I’m not (yeah right.) Really! I have my IUI tomorrow, I’m spending time making sure my E2 is actually in the normal range, I’m worrying about the symptoms for my first time on crinone… AND I’m closing on a re-fi for my mortgage AND it’s opening night of the play I co-direct. Tomorrow.

I have plenty to distract me… and I’m already obsessing.

But I’m not going to obsess this cycle!

[quote=Poenym]You’re telling me! I’m not going to obsess this month. Really, I’m not (yeah right.) Really! I have my IUI tomorrow, I’m spending time making sure my E2 is actually in the normal range, I’m worrying about the symptoms for my first time on crinone… AND I’m closing on a re-fi for my mortgage AND it’s opening night of the play I co-direct. Tomorrow.

I have plenty to distract me… and I’m already obsessing.

But I’m not going to obsess this cycle![/quote]

haha I am so right there with you!

Good luck not obsessing! :wink: If you want a really good laugh, Google “999 reasons to laugh at infertility”.

Same here, I’m sure you’re fine!

Mine are like little oily bullets that dissolve really quickly. I have never poked any holes.