Question about breast tenderness that comes and goes

Hi all! This is my first post after much lurking - I can’t tell you how much reading other people’s stories has helped me over the years!

I’m 37, DH 47 - we’ve been ttc for 6 years - we’ve had a battery of every test imaginable and we’re unexplained. We just did our first IVF (after 3 failed rounds of clomid, 3 failed IUI’s and many years of saving) and transferred 2 perfect 5d blasts on 10/30. Yesterday, 10dp 5dt we got a positive beta of 54. :cheer:

We’re cautiously excited, even though it seems a little low. My Dr. didn’t ask for a second beta, but instead scheduled an ultrasound in 15 days. (although I think I’m just going to march into the lab and demand second one anyway… I don’t think I can wait another 2wks!)

My question is, this morning (11 dpt), my bbs are not as sore as they have been. They’ve been pretty tender since a few days after the transfer and now they seem much less so. I have noticed that sometimes they feel fuller and more tender at the end of the day, but given that my beta was on the lowish side and bb soreness has been my only symptom, I’m worried that this diminished tenderness is a bad sign. Has this happened to anyone else?

(Oh, I’m taking 200mg 3x daily of progesterone suppositories - blech…)

I’ve had no spotting and no other symptoms other than some light cramping. Kind of freaking out! I thought the BFP would be the brass ring that would put my mind at ease, but it seems like the worries are just starting!

Thanks!

[QUOTE=dharmadog]Hi all! This is my first post after much lurking - I can’t tell you how much reading other people’s stories has helped me over the years!

I’m 37, DH 47 - we’ve been ttc for 6 years - we’ve had a battery of every test imaginable and we’re unexplained. We just did our first IVF (after 3 failed rounds of clomid, 3 failed IUI’s and many years of saving) and transferred 2 perfect 5d blasts on 10/30. Yesterday, 10dp 5dt we got a positive beta of 54. :cheer:

We’re cautiously excited, even though it seems a little low. My Dr. didn’t ask for a second beta, but instead scheduled an ultrasound in 15 days. (although I think I’m just going to march into the lab and demand second one anyway… I don’t think I can wait another 2wks!)

My question is, this morning (11 dpt), my bbs are not as sore as they have been. They’ve been pretty tender since a few days after the transfer and now they seem much less so. I have noticed that sometimes they feel fuller and more tender at the end of the day, but given that my beta was on the lowish side and bb soreness has been my only symptom, I’m worried that this diminished tenderness is a bad sign. Has this happened to anyone else?

I’ve had no spotting and no other symptoms other than some light cramping. Kind of freaking out! I thought the BFP would be the brass ring that would put my mind at ease, but it seems like the worries are just starting!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

My first beta was 55, don’t worry at all about the number. My second beta, 147, was three days later not two, so low numbers doesn’t mean anything (I’m almost 27 weeks pregnant now!)

As for soreness and tenderness, you are very newly pregnant so symptoms just aren’t as strong yet. The first and only symptom I had for 9 weeks was on and off sore boobs. Then bam, with the morning sickness and the tenderness of my boobs sort of went away (or I was just so used to it I didn’t notice it with the sickness). But the soreness wasn’t constant. It would be worse after things like exercising.

It’s impossible not to be stressed and scared once you finally see that BFP but do your best to stay calm and positive! My betas were always SO much lower than everyone else’s and I just had to tell myself that if my doctors were happy then I needed to be too.
Best of luck!

[QUOTE=dharmadog]Hi all! This is my first post after much lurking - I can’t tell you how much reading other people’s stories has helped me over the years!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat as you and it’s crazy. My BB;s were hurting more in the beginning and now barely hurt and get less and less each day. I agree the progesterone is what causes the soreness and can actually mask usual pregnancy symptoms the longer you are on it. Your body gets to a peak progest level and hence the BB’s stop hurting so much.
I understand your confusion and its frustrating because I too had a m/c 1 year ago and my first sign was that the BB soreness left.
Chalk it up to nasty progesterone. It plays tricks on us all.

Thanks so much for the encouragement gals! Glad I’m not alone on this weird progesterone ride.

The theory that we have a certain threshold that we get used to every few days makes a lot of sense.

Strangely now that the day is getting on I’ve notice that they’re getting a bit sore again. Never thought I’d be hoping for that! I have to remind myself not to go walking around in public grabbing my boobs every ten minutes trying to figure out what’s going on!

Still a worried about the low(ish) beta number and the fact that my doctor didn’t ask for serial betas. Seems most every IVFer with BFP’s have much higher numbers. I have an old undated beta request form from a failed IUI from him and I think I’m going to use that to retest in a few days (testing is done at a lab that is separate from the clinic) rather than frustrate myself trying to get him on the phone and argue my way into more tests. (A little more hand holding woulda been nice!)

Best of luck to all and lots of :babydust:!