Question about follicles. *loss mentioned*

Good Morning Ladies,

It is surreal that I am posting a question here again. I had finally gotten my BFP and all was going perfect until 23 weeks when I had bulging membranes and found out I had an incompetent cervix. Unfortunately, my baby girl did not survive.

I went in today to begin IVF and I am on CD 2. I have a dominant follicle ( did not get the measurement, UGH). RE is concerned and may be canceling the cycle. Today and tomorrow I have to use the ganarellix and she is hoping it will prevent it from continuing to grow. We will know more on Friday. Because of this I cannot begin any stim meds until Friday. She also said I will have to continue using the ganarellix throughout the cycle if it continues.

Should I just relax or is this inevitable? That is, being it is CD 2 and I have a big follicle like that do you think this cycle will be a go? I’m so frustrated… .I’m so tired of bad news.

Thanks for reading!

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine how difficult that must be.

Whether or not your cycle is cancelled probably depends on if the follicle is producing estrogen. If it is, you will want to wait until it goes away.:cross: