Question about progesterone test

Hello. I had my progesterone tested 2 days after my five day transfer and it was 28. I am currently on 1 cc of progesterone daily. Can anyone tell me what this number means? Is it just checking my uterine lining and making sure its ok. The doctor making the transfer told me the lining was at 10.5 on day of transfer.

You guys have been great answering all my questions. This 2ww waiting is a killer. I have my first beta test on wednesday.

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

The progesterone is just given to you to help support a possible pregnancy. When you get pregnant naturally the body produces progesterone, but when we get pregnant using IVF we have to supplement the progesterone. (if I am wrong, someone correct me, but that is my understanding.) My RE always said any number above 20 was good. We dropped below 20 and had to add another shot (2 a day!!!).

Good luck with your cycle!

[quote=brit1612]The progesterone is just given to you to help support a possible pregnancy. When you get pregnant naturally the body produces progesterone, but when we get pregnant using IVF we have to supplement the progesterone. (if I am wrong, someone correct me, but that is my understanding.) My RE always said any number above 20 was good. We dropped below 20 and had to add another shot (2 a day!!!).

Good luck with your cycle![/quote]

You are correct. Without enough progesterone, menses would come and sweep away any implanting embryo.

Opinions vary about what the minimum progesterone level should be. They have different degrees of safety margin built in.