Question about Provera?

Well I was suppose to go in & have the Progesterone shot, but now they changed it to Provera… How well does this work and how long b4 it induces my period???

Provera has worked for me everytime and I had very irregular periods. I would say I usually got my period betwen day 5 and 6 of my 10 day cycle with Provera.

I dont think I ever had any side effects either. Maybe a little tired but nothing crazy.

Best wishes to you!

[QUOTE=mychellelynne]Provera has worked for me everytime and I had very irregular periods. I would say I usually got my period betwen day 5 and 6 of my 10 day cycle with Provera.

I dont think I ever had any side effects either. Maybe a little tired but nothing crazy.

Best wishes to you![/QUOTE]

I’m glad to hear it works… I’m pretty sure it’ll work just fine for me… my body tends to respond to meds very well… My PCOS is the ONLY thing that is every wrong with me… So how many pills is it and i’m still kinda lil confused about these cycle days. Your sayin out of 10 pills your period started on day 5 & 6??? Sry i’m sooo new to all this… It would be really nice if it worked atleast by the 2nd round… I can dream right?! lol Thank you for responding so quickly… I thought I had it all figured out til my nurse called me & said I have to go in to re-do my labs and start me on Provera… Ill keep my :cross: that itll work :woohoo:

:babydust: baby dust to all :babydust:

[quote=Breezy2305]I’m glad to hear it works… I’m pretty sure it’ll work just fine for me… my body tends to respond to meds very well… My PCOS is the ONLY thing that is every wrong with me… So how many pills is it and i’m still kinda lil confused about these cycle days. Your sayin out of 10 pills your period started on day 5 & 6??? Sry i’m sooo new to all this… It would be really nice if it worked atleast by the 2nd round… I can dream right?! lol Thank you for responding so quickly… I thought I had it all figured out til my nurse called me & said I have to go in to re-do my labs and start me on Provera… Ill keep my :cross: that itll work :woohoo:

:babydust: baby dust to all :babydust:[/quote]

Yes, I had to take 10 pills - 1 per day for 10 days. I have seen posts that have different amounts tho so it might depend on the need.

Trust me, I was in the office today for an ultrasound (which is nothing new for me) and I still had questions. I think this site is great but I love hearing my actual doctor’s office sometimes just to keep my worrying to a minimum.

:flower:

[QUOTE=mychellelynne]Yes, I had to take 10 pills - 1 per day for 10 days. I have seen posts that have different amounts tho so it might depend on the need.

Trust me, I was in the office today for an ultrasound (which is nothing new for me) and I still had questions. I think this site is great but I love hearing my actual doctor’s office sometimes just to keep my worrying to a minimum.

:flower:[/QUOTE]

I totally understand… this site is amazing, but I like the fact that I can hear it from my doc… Like you said it depends on the need… Hope my body reacts well… Do you know if Provera is inexpensive? thats why i’m not doing the shot… Well I guess we’ll ill find out sooner or later right… It’s crazy how many questions you really have, then BAM your in your doc office and cant think of any of them lol

I take 1 pill/day for 10 days, and AF typically comes a couple days after the last pill. However, my last go round with it, AF didn’t come until 9 days after the last pill! Most docs say it can take up to 2 weeks! As if we don’t do enough waiting as it is!

Mine was covered by my insurance and was only $10 so very affordable. Not sure about the cost if not covered.

My RE only had me take the provera for 5 days (1 pill each day) and then said AF should come 2-8 days after taking the last pill. I took it 3 times and it always worked and AF came 5 days after the last pill.

I wonder why some do it 5 days and some 10

[QUOTE=LizabethM]My RE only had me take the provera for 5 days (1 pill each day) and then said AF should come 2-8 days after taking the last pill. I took it 3 times and it always worked and AF came 5 days after the last pill.

I wonder why some do it 5 days and some 10[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the responses ladies… I hope that I only have to take 5 days worth. and AF shows in just a few days after… Im not patient at all lol but only for this i guess, since after all you cant force it… Well I’ll find out Mon what goes on… Ill deff keep y’all posted

:babydust: baby dust to all :babydust:
:pray: that it works soon!!