Question for fellow frozen sperm donor users

For those of you who used frozen donor sperm, how many IUIs did you have before you got your :bfp: ?

I’m 12dpiui with IUI #4 and unfortunately I think it to is a bust. Im starting to feel like it’s never going to happen for me.

I’ve done one so far. Moving towards #2. No :bfp: For me yet but don’t lose hope. The average s 3-6 attempts for a healthy woman with no fertility issues and fresh sperm. So keep the faith. It will happen. Just keep trying, stay positive, and in the mean time do things to prepare yourself for motherhood. GL :babydust:

First baby it took 1 try, second baby it took 2 trys.

I have one child, via ds. It took 3 IUI’s and a change of donors. Donor 1 gave me two BFN and upon changing donor, Donor 2 gave my BFP on the first try. Everyone is different. I plan on baby #2, but it won’t be until next year. I will be older 36/37, so I don’t know if it will work. I know it is hard. But keep the faith. It will happen for you.

If you dont mind me asking, what was the reason behind changing the donor or what was the major difference in 2 donors; was it that one has no reported pregnancy before. The reason, I am asking is because I had so far one iui with DS and thinking if anything specific works or not work.

Thanks,
Farah

darcimarie - five tries to get a BFP when TTC#1…all the same donor. I’m 12dpIUI for my 3rd try TTC#2…same donor as used for baby #1. Hang in there!!

far2011- The reason I changed donors was because even though Donor #1 had reported preganancies, his motitlity was really low. The 1st IUI it was like under 30% and the 2nd IUI was worse at only 17%. I know I should have complained to Fairfax, but I didn’t. I just decided to change donors. It was funny because 2nd donor did not have reported pregnancies, but he gave me my BFP!
I also had an HSG and a laparascopy after IUI#2. At first they thought one tube one was blocked. So RE wanted to go in and make sure. So I did a laparascopy/hysterscopy. Nope, tubes were open and flushed. I think that is what did it too.

[quote=Raquel_09]far2011- The reason I changed donors was because even though Donor #1 had reported preganancies, his motitlity was really low. The 1st IUI it was like under 30% and the 2nd IUI was worse at only 17%. I know I should have complained to Fairfax, but I didn’t. I just decided to change donors. It was funny because 2nd donor did not have reported pregnancies, but he gave me my BFP!
I also had an HSG and a laparascopy after IUI#2. At first they thought one tube one was blocked. So RE wanted to go in and make sure. So I did a laparascopy/hysterscopy. Nope, tubes were open and flushed. I think that is what did it too.[/quote]

Thanks Raquel! How do you find out motality, because my re said they done check it, do we ask the sperm bank or re?

Thanks again!
Farah

You need to insist that your re checks it because you can not file a complaint with a bank without it. I can’t believe they don’t do that. Do they do it with fresh samples? Weird!

[QUOTE=Amirasmommy]You need to insist that your re checks it because you can not file a complaint with a bank without it. I can’t believe they don’t do that. Do they do it with fresh samples? Weird![/QUOTE]

I am not sure about fresh samples. When I asked my re about motility, she said that they just trust that sperm bank that it is sending good sample. I would talk to her when I see her in January. My re does not do the iui, a nurse does it. I only saw my re on day 3 and then day 11 when she did sonogram. Gl for tomorrow, hope you get juicy follies! Thanks for answering!

We did 4 rounds of IUI using frozen donor sperm (from a proven donor) and clomid (last 2 cycles with U/S monitoring and HCG trigger shot). Nothing.

Against our doctor’s advice (pretty sure they’re required to say it’s dangerous and non-FDA-approved), we did at-home insemination using fresh sperm donated by a friend. First time out of the gate: :bfp:. Personally, I think this was because frozen sperm offers such a short window and I wasn’t convinced we were getting the timing of ovulation exactly right. We did 3 back-to-back inseminations with fresh DS (day before + OPK, day of, day after) providing a ton of coverage.

Hope this is helpful!

IUI#6 we used frozen DS. We made that choice due to having a few losses. We got a BFP on the first try with DS, but it was also a chemical. We were going to give it a go again but we would have chanced donors.

I’ve heard that if you don’t get a BFP with a donor after so many tries it might be best to look into a different donor.

:cross: :cross:

Good numbers??

I’m a little bit concerned about our donor not having good enough numbers. Does anyone know what the recommended counts are for frozen sperm using DS?

Quite a few studies have evaluated the minimum number of inseminated sperm required to achieve an adequate pregnancy rate. Most indicate a total motile count between 6-15 million. This means that after thawing the frozen sperm specimen, the lab must recover between 6-10 million moving sperm. Most sperm banks provide a post thaw guarantee of 10-15 million/vial if prepped for an IUI (sperm already washed), or 15-20 million/vial if prepped for an ICI (unwashed sperm).

Using Frozen Sperm for IUI | Pacific Fertility Center:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: ~good luck~

Thank you, sweet pea. If that’s the case then I should be ok. My numbers were between 10-11 million. Thank you for putting my mind at ease!!