Question - Need Advice

I was suppose to be on Prometrium to kick start my AF for this month. Because I’m on vacation during Christmas and New Years, my Dr advise me to start Prometrium just a week before I’m back in town so that they’ll be able to do the monitoring and IUI from day 1 of my AF. Well…things aren’t going as planned. I didn’t ovulate last month but my AF actually came without meds!!! I haven’t even start taking my Prometrium yet!!! My AF never come without kick start so this is so odd. Worst part of this is that I didn’t bring the clomid with me so does that mean this month will be a waste? I don’t know if I’ll ovulate without clomid. Or should I just continue to check for ovulation from day 10 and go in for IUI when it’s positive? Since I didn’t take clomid this time, will doing an IUI be a waste?

Any comments are appreciated!! Thanks!

Ditto

Hello

I am probably sending this reply bit late but the same thing happened with me. On the first day of our vacation :af: came.

I continued taking Prometrium to postpone the periods, but slight flow continued. Finally I stopped taking it 2 days before coming back and reported my day 2 to RE’s office.

I have started my treatment, only issue is I still have spotting which I am not sure is normal.

Hope that helps.

[quote=vkmy]I was suppose to be on Prometrium to kick start my AF for this month. Because I’m on vacation during Christmas and New Years, my Dr advise me to start Prometrium just a week before I’m back in town so that they’ll be able to do the monitoring and IUI from day 1 of my AF. Well…things aren’t going as planned. I didn’t ovulate last month but my AF actually came without meds!!! I haven’t even start taking my Prometrium yet!!! My AF never come without kick start so this is so odd. Worst part of this is that I didn’t bring the clomid with me so does that mean this month will be a waste? I don’t know if I’ll ovulate without clomid. Or should I just continue to check for ovulation from day 10 and go in for IUI when it’s positive? Since I didn’t take clomid this time, will doing an IUI be a waste?

Any comments are appreciated!! Thanks![/quote]