Question on Baby Aspirin

Hi,

Can anyone on baby aspirin tell me when and for how long you have to take it.
I am currently between treatment cycles and have heard different things from different doctors. Some say that it should be started only after ET and taken during the first trimester while I have had one doctor say to me that I can take a single tablet each day even between cycles.

My RE had me start evening of ER - which was yesterday. Not sure how long I will take it

My RE had me start while I was on bcp and stay on it until I was about 8 weeks pregnant.

Did you do tests in order to know why you had those miscarriages? I guess you have a blood clotting issue since u were told to take baby aspirin. Sometimes that’s not enough. You need clexane or lovenox.

[quote=wantbabiesnow]Hi,

Can anyone on baby aspirin tell me when and for how long you have to take it.
I am currently between treatment cycles and have heard different things from different doctors. Some say that it should be started only after ET and taken during the first trimester while I have had one doctor say to me that I can take a single tablet each day even between cycles.[/quote]

I was instructed to take it the day after Egg Retrieval.

I started baby aspirin 3 weeks ago, my transfer is July 9. I’ll continue it through my 1st trimester, along with prednisone, & heparin.

I am heterogeneous for MTHFR, so I take it all the time.

I started the day after ET and stayed on it until the day before I delivered (I was worried about going off it and the MFM said it was fine to stay on it the whole pregnancy).

My doctor had me start taking it after my 2nd miscarriage. We aren’t sure why I miscarried, but I was told that some early miscarriages can be due to clotting disorders or not enough blood circulation in the uterus. I took the baby aspirin all through trying naturally and my 4 IUIs. I was never told to stop taking it. My doctor actually just told me I could stop taking it about 3 weeks ago. He said that if something were to go wrong, you don’t want to wonder if it was because of something you did different and then blaming yourself for it.

It would be important to know if you are taking baby aspirin for medical reasons or solely as part of your IVF cycle?

Thank you everyone for your replies. I am Heterozygous for MTHFR(C667T), and was prescribed baby aspirin only because I requested it. As per my doctor, I don’t need it or any other blood thinners.

I have been taking it every day for a few months now and guess I will continue with the same.