Question on hatching (Calling Ghost)

LOL…actually, I would love anyone’s input, but am hoping Ghost sees this (an embryologist I swear)
:flower:

Ok, here is the question –
If there is a day 5, large expanding blast, and AH is performed, when does it really hatch? Does it take 24 hrs to fully hatch or is it something that happens pretty quickly say within a few hours?

What about same scenario, but its an early blast? A little longer? How quickly can an early blast become a large expanding? I imagine its pretty quick considering it goes from 6-8 cells on day 3 to a blast at ~120 cells on day 5.

I just have no sense of how fast all this occurs as this is my first time making it to 5dt and am pretty familiar with 3dt.

I know it probably doesn’t really matter that much, just curious and I don’t seem to see much on this out there…

Thanks everyone and have a fabulous weekend and mothers day!

[quote=Jennjack11]
Ok, here is the question –
If there is a day 5, large expanding blast, and AH is performed, when does it really hatch? Does it take 24 hrs to fully hatch or is it something that happens pretty quickly say within a few hours?[/quote]

A blast will usually hatch about 24 hours after expansion. AH probably accelerates that, but I’ve never seen by how much. It also helps to facilitate ensure the embryo will hatch, with the idea that one possible cause of implantation failure is failure of embryos to hatch.

What about same scenario, but its an early blast? A little longer? How quickly can an early blast become a large expanding? I imagine its pretty quick considering it goes from 6-8 cells on day 3 to a blast at ~120 cells on day 5.

Correct. Early blasts are just a few hours from becoming expanded blasts.

Keep in mind, some embryos are still compacted or just starting to cavitate on day 5 and don’t expand until day 6.

I just have no sense of how fast all this occurs as this is my first time making it to 5dt and am pretty familiar with 3dt.

Good luck.

[QUOTE=Ghost]A blast will usually hatch about 24 hours after expansion. AH probably accelerates that, but I’ve never seen by how much. It also helps to facilitate ensure the embryo will hatch, with the idea that one possible cause of implantation failure is failure of embryos to hatch.

Correct. Early blasts are just a few hours from becoming expanded blasts.

Keep in mind, some embryos are still compacted or just starting to cavitate on day 5 and don’t expand until day 6.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thank you much!
:dance: