Question re the # of eggs the RE thinks I popped

I had my RE appointment to discuss the results of our Clomid challenge/chromosomal testing and HSG yesterday. We found out we have morphology issues w/the SA - 1% v. 4%, but the question I have is with respect to Clomid.

It was my first time taking it ever, 100 mgs. CDs 5-9. I had a blood draw on CD 11 (no u/s) and I have no idea what they all tested (thyroid, FSH, AMH, etc. for sure, but I asked how she thought I responded to the Clomid and she said that I had one egg for sure and probably popped 2. Do you know what she’s referring too or how the RE could tell that from blood draw results? I didn’t ask and I’ve just been wondering. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Mama_to_3_boys]I had my RE appointment to discuss the results of our Clomid challenge/chromosomal testing and HSG yesterday. We found out we have morphology issues w/the SA - 1% v. 4%, but the question I have is with respect to Clomid.

It was my first time taking it ever, 100 mgs. CDs 5-9. I had a blood draw on CD 11 (no u/s) and I have no idea what they all tested (thyroid, FSH, AMH, etc. for sure, but I asked how she thought I responded to the Clomid and she said that I had one egg for sure and probably popped 2. Do you know what she’s referring too or how the RE could tell that from blood draw results? I didn’t ask and I’ve just been wondering. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hmmm maybe she tested your progesterone levels… I;m pretty sure that how they tell when you ovulate… but how she knew how many popped out… no idea… hope you find an answer soon. Don’t be afraid to ask all the questions you need answered… I call my nurse all the time lol

Thank you so much! Maybe I will call back just to ask…this is all so new and foreign to me!

[QUOTE=Mama_to_3_boys]Thank you so much! Maybe I will call back just to ask…this is all so new and foreign to me![/QUOTE]

I totally understand!!! I’ve learned soooooo much from these other amazing women on here!!! I’m serious when i say i call my nurse ALL the time… I wanna get this right ya knw… Keep us posted… i’m on here all the time… there’s no such thing as TMI on this site… so explain all that is needed :slight_smile:

Fantastic! I so will! I’ve been on FF for 6 years and had my 3 boys during that time, but found this board when I was looking for more info on Clomid - what a jackpot of info! You girls rock!

I think the estrogen levels tell how many eggs. Don’t quote me on that though!

On cycle day 11, you shouldn’t have ovulated yet. I would imagine they tested your estrogen levels – that’s how they can track other than with or in conjunction with ultrasound how many mature follicles you have (and presumably eggs in them). Each mature follicle produces about 100-200 E2 (estrogen).

Thanks for the info on estogen to both you and the PP - yes, you are right, I had not Od - I didn’t O until CD 18 and the draw was on CD 11…must’ve been the estrogen level then. Thanks!

K, I just checked w/DH to see what he remembered the RE saying and she said something about the # being 90 - is that a # that would correlate for estrogen? Sorry for the crazy, rambling post here - it was so much to digest at once at the meeting and once I heard sperm issue, I just freaked out!