Question?

For several years my husband and I have been trying to conceive. My primary infertility issues come from aggressive fibroids and scar tissue on Fallopian tubes. In November I had my fourth surgery removing 18 fibroids and clearing one tube. Yesterday I had my third HSG and both tubes were open and the uterus appeared to be good. My RE wants to start injectables next month for an IUI. I don’t have a problem ovulating and my husband’s sperm is great. So is the IUI necessary? What would you do?

Wow! You’ve been thru a lot. I think I would do the iui - to give you the edge. But there’s nothing wrong with trying au-naturale! Good luck!

I would go with the IUI. It will hopefully give you an extra boost and at a time when you hopefully are most fertile from being clear and having an open uterus. Why not make the most of the situation and just go for it?! Good Luck! :flower:

We decided not to go with the IUI. I’d talk to your RE and ask what kind of boost that will give your chances. In our case, our RE said that because DH’s sperm analysis was so great, it would be in the single digits (as it, adding less than 10% to our chances as they already were), so we didn’t. For you, you’ll have to think about what it’ll cost you and how that adds up against the boost it will give you, which I would talk to your doctor about and not take my word for it. You’re right about that, though, that with good sperm, IUI doesn’t give you as much.

[QUOTE=kashiruvana]We decided not to go with the IUI. I’d talk to your RE and ask what kind of boost that will give your chances. In our case, our RE said that because DH’s sperm analysis was so great, it would be in the single digits (as it, adding less than 10% to our chances as they already were), so we didn’t. For you, you’ll have to think about what it’ll cost you and how that adds up against the boost it will give you, which I would talk to your doctor about and not take my word for it. You’re right about that, though, that with good sperm, IUI doesn’t give you as much.[/QUOTE]

I’m fortunate that my insurance covers IVF 100% and meds also. We decided to go with the Iui… My RE thinks its the best route.