Questions about Lupron

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Hi guys…I just have some questions regarding Lupron dosages. My last RE had me on 20 units twice daily, my new RE has me on only 10 units daily…is this normal? I mean, I went from 40 units daily to 10 units daily,seems like a giant difference. My new RE says there is no need for so much medication, especially since I am completely healthy otherwise. I’m not sure what the best option was, they both approached the situation very differently. can anyone way in on this, anyone with experience in this matter?[/B][/FONT]

[QUOTE=miraclemommy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Hi guys…I just have some questions regarding Lupron dosages. My last RE had me on 20 units twice daily, my new RE has me on only 10 units daily…is this normal? I mean, I went from 40 units daily to 10 units daily,seems like a giant difference. My new RE says there is no need for so much medication, especially since I am completely healthy otherwise. I’m not sure what the best option was, they both approached the situation very differently. can anyone way in on this, anyone with experience in this matter?[/B][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Different RE have different protocols so I would not worry about this. I would only start to worry if you weren’t moving along as you should and they were keeping things/meds the same.

Miraclemommy, I was on 10 units of Lupron both IVF’s. I think 10 units is a very typical dose. 40 honestly seems like a bit of overkill, but Dr.'s have protocols they seem to gravitate due to what works with most in that situation. I’ll bet you the 10 units works great for you, and they’ll be monitoring you to make sure. Good luck hun.

My dosage for this IVF and last IVF was ten units of lupron. Sorry I don’t have any real advice or anything, but I hope you hear enough to feel comfortable with your meds! Good luck!