RE advice needed

Wow, well we had our appointment this Sat with RE to go overall our results. (see tag line for issues)
He basically saidthat based on all my blood work- TSH, HSG, FSH, 4 Prog. draws (gyno said I didn’tovulate, he said I did!!)-

Progesterone Draws-
Unmedicated 6.1
Clomid 50mg 6.7
Clomid 100mg 16.7
Clomid 100mg 6.9

RE wants to do another SA if that still comes back abnormalthen he wants to do blood work. Do RE’s usually refer to Urologist at thispoint? Or if the sample comes back abnormal again (undescended teste and doublehernia as a baby) will we be on plan for IVF? He wants to start my baseline bloodwork this cycle… so does this mean we are on track shortly? He didn’t discussa time line.

Hi!

Hopefully someone can better answer your question, but it sounds like you’re getting close and well on your way… but even a month waiting for this or that can seem like forever. You might ask your doctor if there’s anything you can do to be ready sooner, like a round of BCP or whatnot.
Good luck!

[quote=kmjf114][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Wow, well we had our appointment this Sat with RE to go overall our results. [I](see tag line for issues)[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]He basically saidthat based on all my blood work- TSH, HSG, FSH, 4 Prog. draws (gyno said I didn’tovulate, he said I did!!)- [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][B]Progesterone Draws-[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Unmedicated 6.1[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Clomid 50mg 6.7[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Clomid 100mg 16.7[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Clomid 100mg 6.9 [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]RE wants to do another SA if that still comes back abnormalthen he wants to do blood work. [U]Do RE’s usually refer to Urologist at thispoint?[/U] Or if the sample comes back abnormal again (undescended teste and doublehernia as a baby) [U]will we be on plan for IVF?[/U] He wants to start my baseline bloodwork this cycle… so does this mean we are on track shortly? He didn’t discussa time line.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/quote]

Hi KMJF! When the SA is done, the REs office will take care of DHs bloodwork or set up any other necessary tests. Basically, the process can start as quickly as you make it. Thats great he wants to start with the baseline bloodwork, because all cycles start with that, so if you have the rest of your necessary ducks in a row, this may be your starting point! Very exciting! Are you out of pocket or do you have insurance? I only ask because if you are using insurance, most times there are other tests and things the insurance company wants done before they will cover a cycle. Both the RE and insurance will usually want a hysterosalpingogram done to see how your tubes are working before starting. But at the same time, you can usually make those tests happen as quickly as possible for yourself.

Also, most RE offices have a point of contact you can call for ANY and all questions you have about anything IVF related, and with all the stress, financially, mentally, and physically these cycles can put on you, you should feel free to call them with any questions you have. Not sure if they would recommend IUIor IVF as I am not familiar with male factor, IVF/ICSI is usually the most aggressive method that will cover most of your bases (especially with MF). They have ways they can go in and find sperm without involving a urologist -TESE I think its called? Ultimately I believe its your choice -for instance how aggressive you want to be -as long as there isn’t a specific diagnosis causing them to recommend IVF.

The biggest point -don’t hold back and questions or concerns you may have for your RE, this can be an overwhelming process and they know we need to understand what will be required and necessary.

Good luck to you!! It is so exciting to finally start the whole process.