Re says 3 grade embryos [email protected] on day two?

Hello ladies
I just redcieved a call from my re and they said I have 2xgrade 3 @5cell and 2x grade 3 4cell they said the quality looks really good and i go for et tomorrow am… I went looking online to figure out about the grades and ummm says grade 3 are not all that good so im really down about it… its going to be a day 3 transfer do those are the stats for day two any hope of the grades to get where they are suppose to be and more cells developing please help if you know anything about this.

Grading of embryos isn’t standardized. Each clinic uses their own system, so you really should clarify with yours what that means. At my clinic, Grade 1 is the best and means little to no fragmentation and Grade 5 is the worst. But I’ve seen many different classifications used elsewhere.

I think 5 cells on day 2 is really good. My clinic likes 4 cells on day 2 and 8 on day 3.

Yes, I agree with essemkay… D2 #'s are great… Try not to worry!

The other ladies are correct the ideal cell number is 4 on day 3, but 5 is fine as well. Things are looking good and I agree that a grade 3 could be good at your clinic and bad at others. My first clinic 5 was the best 1 the worst and at my latest clinic 1 is the best and 5 is the worst.

I think she meant to say D2 :wink:

[QUOTE=b&a72]The other ladies are correct the ideal cell number is 4 on day 3, but 5 is fine as well. Things are looking good and I agree that a grade 3 could be good at your clinic and bad at others. My first clinic 5 was the best 1 the worst and at my latest clinic 1 is the best and 5 is the worst.[/QUOTE]

oops sorry! You are correct :stuck_out_tongue: