Ready to move on!

well, AF reared her ugly head again this month. :frowning: One more cycle to get through and we can finally move on to getting help. Here’s my question…I know that I have a small polyp and a small fibroid (1mm) in my uterus from the hsg. The RE didn’t seem to think anything needed to be done at this time. He did say if we have to move onto IVF we will have to remove the polyp. Do you think I should ask to have them removed before even trying IUI which is our next step if AF comes again in April? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

[FONT=‘Segoe UI Mono’]Yes my opinion would be to remove the polyp before attempting any treatment (IUI or IVF). Fibroids can remain depending on their location within the uterus. [/FONT]

Thank you Webelieveinmiracles!!!

[QUOTE=pdot95]well, AF reared her ugly head again this month. :frowning: One more cycle to get through and we can finally move on to getting help. Here’s my question…I know that I have a small polyp and a small fibroid (1mm) in my uterus from the hsg. The RE didn’t seem to think anything needed to be done at this time. He did say if we have to move onto IVF we will have to remove the polyp. Do you think I should ask to have them removed before even trying IUI which is our next step if AF comes again in April? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you![/QUOTE]

YES. As you can see from my signature I am currently 26wks pregnant. Recently I started having pink discharge so went to labor and delivery where it was discovered that I have a rather large cervical polyp. Apparently with all the pregnancy hormones this is common. In researching about this I found that there is not alot of research about if they can cause problems or not and if they should be removed or not. Especially during pregnancy, but what I did gain from this is that I am thankful this polyp is in my cervix and NOT in my uterus because there were many more complications arrising in the literature from uterine polyps and fibroids in pregnancy than there are with cervical.

SO…I would absolutely have them removed for two reasons 1.) so that there is no possibility of them keeping you from implanting because even if the Doc doesn’t think they will be an issue why chance it in my opinion. If the cycle doesn’t work will you question not having them removed and 2.) just so you know they will not interfere with a normal healthy pregnancy and potentially cause complications that could have been avoided had you just had them removed. Again why chance it when you have the option now.

That is my thoughts anyway!

In my case they decided to leave mine alone as they do not want to accidently cause my cervix to bleed or open. However, if it gets much larger they will have to remove it while I am pregnant as it’s size could cause cervical dilation so…this has been a real concern because clearly we don’t want any complications from leaving it, but also don’t want complications from removing it while pregnant. Ugghhh!!!

Going through this–I would have it removed before getting pregnant if I were in this same situation you are currently in.

P.S. I have also read that it is not common for them to return so…once they are removed you shouldn’t have a problem with them just popping back up.

Good Luck! :flower:

If they’re on your uterus, have them removed. You should be able to have these covered under gyn workup not infertility if you tell the doctor you’re having pain/abnormal bleeding. The wait is 3 months to let the uterus healed before proceeding with IVF.

Thank you ahhny and alexis! I think I want them removed but will talk to DH about it tonight.

Made a pre-op appt. with the RE for March 22nd. Hopefully we’ll be able to schedule the surgery quickly. I just want to get it done and move on. Our next step will be IUI first but I just want to have the best chance possible of staying pregnant once that miracle finally happens!!!

[QUOTE=pdot95]Made a pre-op appt. with the RE for March 22nd. Hopefully we’ll be able to schedule the surgery quickly. I just want to get it done and move on. Our next step will be IUI first but I just want to have the best chance possible of staying pregnant once that miracle finally happens!!![/QUOTE]

:cross: they are able to get you in quick so you can get on with TTC. :grouphug: Let us know how it goes for you! :flower:

Surgery is scheduled for April 5th as long as AF shows up on time. They will only be taking polyp out as fibroid is imbedded into muscle so surgery would be much more invasive with a longer recovery time. I’m okay with this for now. IUI will begin in May!