Refund from IVFMeds.com

It’s been 3 months since I cancelled the undelivered order from IVFMeds.com, no refund yet.

Here is the thread I posted when I cancelled the order.
http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/2020213974-online-pharmacy-order-well-advance.html

About a month and half later after I cancelled, IVFMeds.com and I talked over phone and emails. First I asked when I will have refund -> because of the unusual high volume of cancels, it takes longer than usual. I didn’t receive Menopur, Ganirelix (or Cetrotide, they changed to Cetrotide and sent half of ordered), Prometrium, Crinone.

Then, I had to pay to other credit card that I bought medicine I didn’t receive with. I needed money to pay for the other. IVFMeds.com charged my credit card when I ordered, not when they had inventory ready. Because refund through credit card took weeks, they agreed to wire transfer money. They refused to pay bank charge for this wire transfer and credit card excess charge when I paid. I told them I saw online you refunded credit card charge before. They said, that is not true, we never did that.

And, I sent my bank information twice? 3 times? First they never sent me a mail asking my bank information within the promised time. I sent anyways, and a week later, I got a call saying they were waiting for my mail. I sent again.

I was told it would take 10 days to process, then a week later, 14 business days. It’s been almost a month since 14 business days have passed. Nothing on my bank statement or credit card statement. It’s been 3 months since I cancelled.

The saving from partial shipment of the order was less than $400. DH says I will never get back $2500. Is there anyone who cancelled the order around February 2013 because they didn’t have meds? Have you received your refund yet?

I never ordered from the but if they are a US company you can contact the better business bureau for help getting a refund. I have done it with several online and brick and mortal companies and it really works. They are the muscle behind us little guys when it comes to dealing with and unresolved issue!

No need to go to bbb, just dispute all the fraudulent transations with your credit card company. You’ll probably be able to get the entire money you paid back not just partial refund. You can warn them you will dispute the transactions before you dispute (they’re not gonna like that) and threaten them that they need to refund you the money today by COB or you will do it yourself and you will get all the money you paid them. So i urge you to call your credit card company today and start the dispute process.

This company is not in the US. Part of meds were sent from a UK address and operators were with British accent, people who ordered from them said they were UK pharmacy, but I cannot find any company information on their site. Ordering from them was a big mistake and I have no idea where to bring this.

Thanks Alexi. Dispute process started. They needed some back up that I never received the meds so I sent them a copy of email from them saying they will refund $2500. I will be happy for getting my money back, I will be happier if no one else use this pharmacy to avoid any trouble in the future.

Btfy - I agree, dispute with your Credit Card Company. It’s too bad everything didnt work out for you. I used this company and had no issues. But then again I never had to return or get a refund. Best wishes I hope your CCC is able to help recoup your $2500.

I used them too and this time it was not that great experience.
For the last year’s cycle I had ordered some meds from them and they really did everything to get the meds to me within a week. I was really impressed so I decided to do the same for this cycle.
I had traveled a lot before the cycle and haven’t placed the order way in advance. So they promised to have meds delivered by certain date and I was not too happy because I had to pick up few doses from local pharmacy too to be sure that I have everything in time.
The meds I ordered from them arrived I guess 4 days late and we all know how much that can cost in injectables. Of course this double purchase was not really necessary for my treatment so now I have a lots of leftovers in my fridge and closet. What a waste of money and nerves!

ugh it sucks big time that you are having to deal with that. I agree with contacting your credit card company and disputing the charges. I am glad you posted this though, I was highly debating going through them for the meds for my upcoming IVF cycle as their prices are so much cheaper compared to US pharmacies. But, I don’t want to deal with the headache that you are unfortunately having to deal with. Hopefully you will be able to get it straightened out.

Webelieveinmiracles - Good luck with your FET. With your age and good number of day 5 embryos, I have a good feeling that this your first cycle will be a success.

I called the credit card company last night and dispute process was started. I sent a paper requested by them when they failed to wire transfer but somehow it was left unprocessed. This pharmacy is given 90 days to counter dispute but I was told it was unlikely. As soon as 90 days pass or they process cancel transaction, I will get my money back.

mimiglam - Congrats on your BFP! Grow, baby or babies, grow!! Maybe you want to donate the extra to someone? Free meds come with good luck.

I paid extra $99? for express delivery but still it took 10 days to arrive. For me, Japanese living in Canada without insurance (not living illegal but because of this province’s system), seeing RE in Texas, getting the meds locally was not an option. I ordered from a US pharmacy, had it delivered just at the boarder, drove 1.5 hours to pick up. I never thought I had to deal with this refund issue.

Alja - The reason I am posting is people who are thinking to buy from them can find this and be prepared. When I looked up before ordering, I didn’t find many bad reviews. Good thing is I have a hope to get the money back from the credit card company. It may take long but better than nothing.

[quote=btfy]Webelieveinmiracles - Good luck with your FET. With your age and good number of day 5 embryos, I have a good feeling that this your first cycle will be a success.

I called the credit card company last night and dispute process was started. I sent a paper requested by them when they failed to wire transfer but somehow it was left unprocessed. This pharmacy is given 90 days to counter dispute but I was told it was unlikely. As soon as 90 days pass or they process cancel transaction, I will get my money back.

mimiglam - Congrats on your BFP! Grow, baby or babies, grow!! Maybe you want to donate the extra to someone? Free meds come with good luck.

I paid extra $99? for express delivery but still it took 10 days to arrive. For me, Japanese living in Canada without insurance (not living illegal but because of this province’s system), seeing RE in Texas, getting the meds locally was not an option. I ordered from a US pharmacy, had it delivered just at the boarder, drove 1.5 hours to pick up. I never thought I had to deal with this refund issue.

Alja - The reason I am posting is people who are thinking to buy from them can find this and be prepared. When I looked up before ordering, I didn’t find many bad reviews. Good thing is I have a hope to get the money back from the credit card company. It may take long but better than nothing.[/quote]

I am still not thinking about getting rid off the meds … since I had lost my last pregnancy I’m very cautious and I think I will feel more comfortable donating when I’m out of the 1st trimester.
I hope by than you will have your BFP and meds leftovers that you will not need anymore!

[quote=mimiglam]I am still not thinking about getting rid off the meds … since I had lost my last pregnancy I’m very cautious and I think I will feel more comfortable donating when I’m out of the 1st trimester.
I hope by than you will have your BFP and meds leftovers that you will not need anymore![/quote]

Of course. I would keep extra myself until I will not need them for sure or cannot finish before expiring. How did today’s U/S go?

[QUOTE=btfy]Of course. I would keep extra myself until I will not need them for sure or cannot finish before expiring. How did today’s U/S go?[/QUOTE]

You know, you can also ask your nurse if she can connect you to people who graduated from infertility clinic who may have leftovers.
This is how I got some of the injections for my first ivf.

Today was awesome! We have two little hearts with good HB rates and good measurements. I just :pray: that they both stay and grow healthy.

Good luck with your cycle!