Regretting not doing pgd

We were seriously considered this after our devistating loss afte our first Ivf . I even had a consult but then found out the cost and that our insurance wouldn’t cover a dime. So we decided to take our chances ( I honestly didn’t even think I was going to get pregnant) now that I am pregnant I am an absolute wreck. I am so nervouse about the health of this baby it is keeping me awake at night. I know I can’t change anything now but I don’t know how I am possibly going to get through the wait until I can have testing done.

Thanks just needed to vent

It is good to vent… I am :pray: for you that you have a very h & H pregnancy and healthy baby!!

Farah

How long do you have to wait before the testing?

It won’t be long until you do the first trimester screening and if you do it with an experienced perinatologist they should be able to at least give you a heads up on the ultrasound if they see anything questionable. The blood test will take a little longer and that is agonizing. At that point, they can tell you if your risk for an issue is still high and you can decide if you want to do the CVS testing right away or Amnio later in pregnancy.

The good news is the first trimester testing can be very good at detecting problems so you can do further testing and prepare for issues.

And I had the coolest perinatologist, when I fretted about my age, she would say, “sure the risk goes up, but even a 1 in 4 chance still means 25%” or something like that.

Best of luck, it is funny how we can’t ever relax with anything, even when we get pregnant!!! The curse of our infertility struggle!