Repeat IVF, trying CCRM, really need some thoughts & words of wisdom

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=16px]Hi guys, hope I’m not depressing you already… I’ve been on the forum for a few years and have witnessed so much change and emotion.
if you read my siggie you would see that this struggle to extend our family tree has been nothing but excruciation. It’s not something I would ever wish on anyone.
Long story short, we did 8 IVF and 9 IUI through the course of 4 years with no avail. The most recent two broke my heart in so many piece, since it was the “Micro” protocal and has worked so well on others, with us it didn’t even get to the transfer. After that the RE told us our chance to conceive with our own eggs is less than one percent and he would not treat us again (we do appreciate the honesty).
It’s the case of “weak eggs meet older sperm” (or “WEMOS” lol?), with either one being more superior we could have had much better outcome and might be changing diapers already (I guess).
Before moving on to DE, we are having a consultation with CCRM. We believe in science, and science is no magic. I know even though CCRM’s success rate is high, there are cases that just can’t be “cracked”, I’m terrified that we would get the same outcome.
I’ve always thought I was a strong, balanced person until we started this journey. It’s made me a fragile, ironic and lethargic person at times, rest of the time I’m trying to forget about being that person. I would be happy to follow the path to DE, if this is the best we can hope for, but you know there is always that “voice” in your heart, saying "give it another try…"
Are there any miracle stories of “WEMOS” out there? I would really, really appreciate some piece of mind from you…
Much appreciated![/SIZE][/FONT]http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/core/images/smilies/daisy.gif

I don’t have your specific issue (other than my eggs are terrible), but we did have a morphology and fertilization issue. As you can see from my signature, I went from zero fertilization to 100% at CCRM. My embryos at CCRM were also better than they were at other clinics.

[QUOTE=houston;n2609586]I don’t have your specific issue (other than my eggs are terrible), but we did have a morphology and fertilization issue. As you can see from my signature, I went from zero fertilization to 100% at CCRM. My embryos at CCRM were also better than they were at other clinics.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Huston, we might not have been in the exact same shoes,your story gives me a lot of comfort…we are definitely going ahead with the consultation with Dr. Surrey. Having had so much of this bitter cake, it’s almost a luxury to remain hopeful now days… but we will try so there is no regret!

I used Dr. Surrey and I loved him. Good luck!