RE's specializing in Low AMH in Chicago? success stories with low AMH?

Hi,
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am struggling through a chemical pregnancy and wondering what to do next. I currently go to Northwestern, Dr. Confino, but am wondering if there are RE’s in the area who specialize in difficult cases, particularly DOR. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have endometriosis and low AMH (0.2). I was on the pill continuously for one year (not getting a period) to treat endo. Dr. Confino wanted to start IVF in May 2013 right away. I got no response, nothing from this first cycle and it was cancelled after 8 days of stims. I am thinking this had to do with being suppressed for so long from endo treatment.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Then, we started mirco-flare in June 2013 with HGH. I did accupuncture, DHEA, co-q-10, royal jelly and wheatgrass–granted all of these extras were just for about a month. They retrieved 7 eggs which we were pleased about. But I just found out the news that I am having a chemical pregnancy. Waiting for the miscarriage and am so devasted. None of the embryos made it to freeze either.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Dr. Confino said “let’s try one more time.” Which to me is heartbreaking because my husband and I have only been trying for TWO months!! We have never tried naturally either because these doctors have made it seem like our ONLY chance is with fertility treatments. I feel like a ticking clock, even though I am just 31. I am afraid to try naturally because I think it will be a waste of time. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Any recommendations or stories of hope? Also has anyone done IVF but was then successful with IUI? We did get a second opinion from Dr. Hickey in Hinsdale who said I should try IUI with clomid before doing more IVF…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks so much,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]K[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Me: 31 endo, AMH 0.2, FSH 5, hashimoto’s[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DH: 34 slight motility issue, healthy[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IVF #1 May 2013 --cancelled due to poor response :grr: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IVF#2 June 2013 micro flare with HGH, DHEA, coq10, wheatgrass, royal jelly and accupuncture[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertlized with ICSI, 2 implanted, 0 frozen[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Beta #1 :bfp: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Beta #3 :bfn: chemical :grr: :wings: [/FONT]

First and foremost I want to send my support and thoughts your way. I know how absolutely scary and frustrating this can be. I do not know any specialized re’s but thought id share my story with you as my amh is .21. My highest fsh is 25. Like you, I am also younger, 22, and can completely
Relate with the ticking time clock. With numbers like mine it was difficult not too have a now or mever mindset! I was somehow able to conceive after a round of gonal f. (My re was really just doing this out of curioisity to see if i would resond) My next step was Ivf. I just believe your body has to get use to the medication. Allow your self to respond and adjust as you have been doing this for only two months. The fact that you retrieved seven eggs is awesome :slight_smile: I only ever grew one egg each cycle. Also, although you are going through a chemical pregnancy and I send my condolences, this means things are working! Just do not loose hope and faith. Stay strong and keep focused. Also search low amh on this site, there have been many encouraging threads. Best I luck :grouphug:

One more thing…my re sound like your second opinion doctor. He believes you should try rounds of clomid and injectibles before Ivf. He says there have been too many success stories not too and it helps get your ovaries movin’!!! Also this helps not too stress the fact that you may have to do one two three rounds of Ivf. Also sorry for the all the sp errors haha it is 4 in the morning here… Can’t sleep!

First of all, I want to wish you the best of luck in your journey. :grouphug:

My AMH was 0.16, and we were successful after only two IUI procedures. Granted, we didn’t have any fertility issues other than possibly age, but it was nice knowing we could still do the job.

Good luck! :cross:

Dr. Mary Wood-Molo of Women’s Health Consultants at Rush is great. Their number is 312-997-2229.

Thanks for all your words of encouragement ladies! Best of luck to you all!:preg: vibes to all!