Researching donor egg IVF clinics and donor selection in Europe

I’m new here.
I have been informed, after several IVF treatments, one of which resulting in my beautiful 2yo son, that the chances of conceiving with my own eggs is around 6% so we are now looking into clinics that offer donor options.

I’m from the states living in Switzerland and would like to find a clinic in Europe that has excellent statistics. I had been looking into IVI Madrid but it seems that it isn’t possible to see photos of donors and to know about personality traits, etc. Their criteria is solely based on coloring, height and weight. Is this true? It is very different in the states and I was hoping to find somewhere where I could try to find a donor with the most of my characteristics possible.

Does anyone have experience with donor selection here in EU. Any suggestions?

Thank you :flower:

[quote=greenbird]I’m new here.
I have been informed, after several IVF treatments, one of which resulting in my beautiful 2yo son, that the chances of conceiving with my own eggs is around 6% so we are now looking into clinics that offer donor options.

I’m from the states living in Switzerland and would like to find a clinic in Europe that has excellent statistics. I had been looking into IVI Madrid but it seems that it isn’t possible to see photos of donors and to know about personality traits, etc. Their criteria is solely based on coloring, height and weight. Is this true? It is very different in the states and I was hoping to find somewhere where I could try to find a donor with the most of my characteristics possible.

Does anyone have experience with donor selection here in EU. Any suggestions?

Thank you :flower:[/quote]

To my knowledge the EU countries where egg donation is possible have laws that forbid the clinics from showing you photos of the donors. That is definitely true in Spain and the Czech Republic, the countries that get the largest numbers of foreign patients. It is indeed very different from in the States. Even in France, where you can get DE treatment much more quickly if you have a woman willing to donate for you, you’re not allowed to use that woman’s eggs–instead, her donation goes to a couple neither of you know, and in return you get someone else’s eggs!

I’ve heard on the PVED forums that Spain’s laws are slightly more relaxed than Czech laws, and thus that you CAN get a bit more information there (though still not much, and how much you get depends on which clinic you use–they each have their own policies).

I think you may be able to see childhood photos of the donors at clinics in South Africa, which are much cheaper than clinics in the US. And I seem to recall hearing that you might be able to see pictures in the Ukraine, but personally I would be dubious about going to a clinic there… the former Soviet states are still a bit “lawless” in some respects, and I wouldn’t necessarily believe that the photo they’re showing me really is the donor.