Resignation?

Hello all,

I had known I was infertile years before I went to a doctor and I have had "enough" time to grieve and feel resignation. I am not currently ttc but as soon as I marry next year my fiance and I have decided to give it a try. I love him very much and even though my desire to have a child is still there, before he came into my life I had come to terms with being childless. I don't know how to start this over. I am alone in this, no one in my family or friends is infertile and I can't go through this by myself again. My fiance is very supportive but he has no idea what its like. I came to this site to offer support as I consider myself somewhat of a veteran in IF battle but I also came here because I need to be able to vent and talk to people who have gone through the same thing. If I do this it will be my last try, I don't think I have in me the strength for another long battle with IF. Thank you all for reading this.

I know exactly what you mean !! I am the only one in my family who’s infertile, my oldest sister has 7 kids and my other sister just had a baby last year. It definitely is a lonely battle and one no one else could understand but know you are not alone in this battle and hopefully we will both win the war !

Hello barrenwoman - first of all :welcome: to the forums. You’ve come to the right place to vent out and talk to people who can relate to what you’re going through. I’m really sorry to hear about your story. I just want you to know that you are NOT alone in this. It’s weird how some days I’m the most depressed person , looking for support and encouragement, (like yesterday when I got 2 pregnancy news from different people, also the day I found out that my 2nd IUI had failed), and today I’m here giving You support. One thing’s for sure: nobody, and I mean NO BODY can ever truly understand what ‘we’ go through. My mom and my hubby are the Dearest people to me in this world, yet they are on a totally different planet when it comes to discussing my IF issues. They all try to help, but how can they really help if they have no clue how torturous this road is? So, visit these forums often and you’ll always find people who’ve gone through more than you have, or atleast the same as you. Even if we dont have any useful ‘tips’ to help you feel better, we’ll still be hear to listen, so vent out as much and as often as your heart desires… Tomorrow it maybe your turn to return the favor back to us, lolz. This IF has really driven me nuts, and I’m not the only one…
take care and best of luck with your last try.:grouphug:

Thank you I’m glad that there are sites like this where I can talk about IF and know that I am understood. I’m so glad that we all have this outlet and also source of information, advice and support. It means so much to me that you took the time to respond and show support even more so because we don’t know each other. I wish none of us had to go through this and I wish you all the best of luck, may we all get to be the awesome mothers that I know we can be.