RMA of NJ IVF Ladies

I’ve met quite a few RMANJ girls in the forums, as well as, those who just use RMA Genetics for 24 chromosome PGD, so I thought I’d start a new thread for anyone using RMA of New Jersey.

I am in the middle of my second IVF now. We are doing embryo banking for PGD.

Let’s track each others cycles and cheer each other on! Anyone else want to share their journey?

I would love to share the journey with RMANJ buddies. I know their are a bunch of us!! I’ve done 3 rounds of IVF with PGD because me and my DH are CF carriers. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked, yet!! Ugh! I’m going to be doing my fourth and final ivf in January, with an FET in february. It has to work! Oh, and I go to the morristown office.

KTB, I’m so glad you started this thread! I hope ladies join us!

How was your ultrasound today?

I know we aren’t the only RMA girls on here!!

[quote=KTB_]I’ve met quite a few RMANJ girls in the forums, as well as, those who just use RMA Genetics for 24 chromosome PGD, so I thought I’d start a new thread for anyone using RMA of New Jersey.

I am in the middle of my second IVF now. We are doing embryo banking for PGD.

Let’s track each others cycles and cheer each other on! Anyone else want to share their journey?[/quote]
Awesome idea!!! Nothing like it! Can’t wait to :cheer:you girls on!

I hope to start my cycle in January in Morristown! I’m looking into the Attain program because I have very limited insurance coverage ($2500/calendar year- like that will cover it…haha!). The PGD program they have right now it $7,000 for 15 embryos or completing an ET, whichever comes first. So steep, but what’s a girl to do!

I would love to hear your protocols.

Is there a way to multi-quote??

[quote=Deeg22]I would love to share the journey with RMANJ buddies. I know their are a bunch of us!! I’ve done 3 rounds of IVF with PGD because me and my DH are CF carriers. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked, yet!! Ugh! I’m going to be doing my fourth and final ivf in January, with an FET in february. It has to work! Oh, and I go to the morristown office.

KTB, I’m so glad you started this thread! I hope ladies join us![/quote]
Hi! I’m sorry to hear about the situation you’re in. Did they tell you why the first 3 rounds didn’t work? So frustrating because you’d think, (at least I do) going to one of the best clinics that you’re going to have success for sure. I follow a blog of a couple where the mom has CF, and she just had twins via a gestational carrier. We may be cycling together. I will be praying the fourth time is a charm for you!! Thinking of you.

I am 17 weeks pregnant w an Rma NJ baby! I went to the Englewood office. We did 2 cycles at Valley Fertility Center in Paramus first- bfn and Chem- w terrible results. Switched to RMA and had a totally different experience! We even have 4 in the bank.

GL everyone!

Hey lAdies!!

I am in the Somerset office… had a fresh cycle in June end in chemical and a frozen in October (twins) that ended at 8 weeks. Had my d&C 2 weeks ago and hoping to do a retrieval in January with PGD/CCS and transfer in Feb.

Meeting with the RMA NUTRITIONIST tomorrow (I know, its a new thing they offer) so I’ll let you know how that goes and then another beta on Tuesday AM to see if my beta is at zero so we can begin again.

Anyone her ever have a lap done? They sent me to a place for my HSG and told me one tube MAY be blocked so I jumped from IUI to IVf but I’m a little wary… but my doc keeps telling me not to bother with a lap…

Congrats!

[quote=chica509]I am 17 weeks pregnant w an Rma NJ baby! I went to the Englewood office. We did 2 cycles at Valley Fertility Center in Paramus first- bfn and Chem- w terrible results. Switched to RMA and had a totally different experience! We even have 4 in the bank.

GL everyone![/quote]

Congrats on being 17 weeks!! :clap: Hope you have a smooth pregnancy! Glad it worked out for you at RMA after the bfn and chem!!

Sorry, never had one. Interesting- are you thinking if you have a successful lap…maybe you could go back to IUIs?

[quote=momtohowmany]Awesome idea!!! Nothing like it! Can’t wait to :cheer:you girls on!

I hope to start my cycle in January in Morristown! I’m looking into the Attain program because I have very limited insurance coverage ($2500/calendar year- like that will cover it…haha!). The PGD program they have right now it $7,000 for 15 embryos or completing an ET, whichever comes first. So steep, but what’s a girl to do!

Is there a way to multi-quote??[/quote]

It sounds like they raised the price for the banking program. They didn’t charge us to find out the sex like they are doing now. It is just so expensive! I can’t believe you only have $2500 coverage. What about the blood work, ultrasounds, and meds? Is that covered?

When I cycle again in January, I will have the same protocol as in IVF #3, which yielded the best results. It was Gonal-f 150, low dose hsg, and Lupron. When I used this protocol all but 1 embryo made it to blast. I’m hoping for the same results. I can’t believe I have to cycle again. It’s so disappointing on so many levels. I’m hoping it will work because they will only biopsy once next time.

I love to hear that people with CF are doing well. Can you PM me the link to the blog?

Thanks for the well wishes. RMA is a great clinic, and I really believe they can get us our BFP!! You are in good hands!! I’m glad we can cycle together in January!

[quote=chica509]I am 17 weeks pregnant w an Rma NJ baby! I went to the Englewood office. We did 2 cycles at Valley Fertility Center in Paramus first- bfn and Chem- w terrible results. Switched to RMA and had a totally different experience! We even have 4 in the bank.

GL everyone![/quote]

Congrats on your pregnancy! I haven’t heard great things about Valley. RMA is huge, but they get the job done! I go to the Englewood office occasionally because I work in Paramus. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Yes Rma was much more thorough than Valley. We are MF case so they are just much more experienced having such a large caseload. I saw dr. Constantini @ Englewood

[quote=Deeg22]It sounds like they raised the price for the banking program. They didn’t charge us to find out the sex like they are doing now. It is just so expensive! I can’t believe you only have $2500 coverage. What about the blood work, ultrasounds, and meds? Is that covered?

When I cycle again in January, I will have the same protocol as in IVF #3, which yielded the best results. It was Gonal-f 150, low dose hsg, and Lupron. When I used this protocol all but 1 embryo made it to blast. I’m hoping for the same results. I can’t believe I have to cycle again. It’s so disappointing on so many levels. I’m hoping it will work because they will only biopsy once next time.

I love to hear that people with CF are doing well. Can you PM me the link to the blog?

Thanks for the well wishes. RMA is a great clinic, and I really believe they can get us our BFP!! You are in good hands!! I’m glad we can cycle together in January![/quote]
My luck they raise the PGD prices right before I come! Blood work and ultrasounds are covered. The meds last time were about 1500, but I think the policy changed and they’ll be a lot cheaper next time!:clap: Then, I have to factor all my carrier’s fees in as well. INSANE…

I will PM you!

Glad we can cycle together as well (hopefully I can :pray:…still working things out right now!)

[quote=Deeg22]
When I cycle again in January, I will have the same protocol as in IVF #3, which yielded the best results. It was Gonal-f 150, low dose hsg, and Lupron. When I used this protocol all but 1 embryo made it to blast. I’m hoping for the same results.[/quote]

No Menopur? What’s was your IVF #3 cycle called?

[quote=momtohowmany]The PGD program they have right now it $7,000 for 15 embryos or completing an ET, whichever comes first. So steep, but what’s a girl to do!

[/quote]

Those are the prices they quoted me for the banking program as well. I will say this, 2k of that is for a year of cyropreservation, and the balance of 5k is for PGD. If you do PGD on just one cycle, it’s $5,500.

Based on information I’ve exchanged with other RMANJ women, the PGD costs [I]have[/I] increased within the last year. Interestingly enough, when I questioned my finance person about vast difference in costs, she informed me “PGD has [I]always[/I] cost this.” I then said “with all due respect, why are you charging my friends less then you are charging me?” Every person I questioned about this at RMA just played dumb. I would have preferred they just admitted that the cost had increased. That seems like a more stand up business practice.

Anyhoo… my first cycle was an antagonist, and as you can see from my signature, I got a decent amount of eggs, but only 1 viable blast. My current cycle is a microdose lupron flare, and it’s anyone’s guess how it will work out :slight_smile:

[quote=Deeg22]How was your ultrasound today?

I know we aren’t the only RMA girls on here!![/quote]

Hey Deeg!

Honestly not sure how many follicles I have growing right now, but I plan to get a clearer answer tomorrow (Monday) AM. However, I did learn that my left ovary has oddly joined the party (:clap: )!! I actually chose to see Dr. Hong at the Morristown office on Satuday, because the other option was Dr. Bohrer, and if given a choice I prefer a female. Dr. Hong was really fantastic. She took her time and looked throughly, and didn’t rush at all, Plus she spent a few minutes answering my questions about the MDL. I really liked her. Some of the RMA doctors rush so quickly through monitoring, that she was a breath of fresh air.

Congrats on your pregnancy! :clap: :clap: :clap: I love love Dr. Constantini. She’s did my saline sonogram and a few of my monitoring appointments. She has the nicest manner about her.

Hi Jordana,

I am sorry, I’ve never had a lap done. However, looking forward to hearing what the nutritionist says :slight_smile:

Eh

Well my body is responding differently to the MDL protocol: it’s growing fewer follicles, but growing those fewer follies at the same rate as IVF #1. So, am I over surpressed with microdose lupron? Does my body hate all this LH? And, does it matter if there are less eggs if more make it to blast this time? It’s clearly too soon to know. And I’m more apathetic than disappointed. Or maybe I am just numb?

After 6 days of stims my E levels are pretty low and I only have 6ish follicles over 12, although one is at 21 (it was at 15 two days ago). Dr. Gulati (who btw, is the only Dr. I’ve seen at RMA who consistently hurts me with the ultrasound wand) was talking about triggering me tonight. I am fairly certain my doctor will not follow this suggestion and push it an extra day or 2, but you never know. I read somewhere that you cannot make quality eggs on just 8 days of stims, I wonder if that’s true?

Of course, at this point in my last cycle, everything was going fantastically and I had a lot of false hope. I’d rather go into ER with managed expectations.

ps. I posted this on another thread as well, so if you read it twice, sorry for the x post.